Selecting a program for photos.

My computer is now set to display all my pictures on my computer from an old
mustek software. I want to change the default to another software which I
have on my computer. I have tried the following to change the default program:
1. Right click on the image file in Windows Explorer
2.Click on "open With"
3. When I click on "Roxio Easy Creator' I get a message and the picture
is deleted permanently.
4. When I click on "ACDSee" it opens the photo in the ACDSee program, but
reverts back to Mustek after I close the image.
How do I reset the default on all my photos to either Roxio Easy Creator or
to ACDSee or any other I buy in the future.
2 answers Last reply
More about selecting program photos

    Under the "Open With" list of programs there is a box to check Always use
    the selected program to open this kind of file

    "TAKAO" <TAKAO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My computer is now set to display all my pictures on my computer from an
    > old
    > mustek software. I want to change the default to another software which I
    > have on my computer. I have tried the following to change the default
    > program:
    > 1. Right click on the image file in Windows Explorer
    > 2.Click on "open With"
    > 3. When I click on "Roxio Easy Creator' I get a message and the picture
    > is deleted permanently.
    > 4. When I click on "ACDSee" it opens the photo in the ACDSee program,
    > but
    > reverts back to Mustek after I close the image.
    > How do I reset the default on all my photos to either Roxio Easy Creator
    > or
    > to ACDSee or any other I buy in the future.

    On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 13:38:33 -0500, "John Marion"
    <john-no-spam@no-spam-at-all.net> wrote:

    |Under the "Open With" list of programs there is a box to check Always use
    |the selected program to open this kind of file
    Often in app's OPTIONS u can pick which xtensions u
    want the app to open by default. APS, Ulead PI & PX r
    examples. I would hope his apps r 2.

    HTH-Larry
    Any advise is my attempt to contribute more than I have received but I can only assure you that it works on my PC. GOOD LUCK.

Default Computers Windows XP