System Tray

June 18, 2005 6:55:02 PM

I hope I am using the right term for this: I am speaking of the area in
the lower right corner containing such things as the time. Anyway, how
can I reduce the look of what is running? Once they were in sort of a
"block." Now instead of being listed vertically, the listing is strickly
horizontal.

Thank you

More about : system tray

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 6:55:03 PM

It is called the Taskbar notification area.

Right click the Taskbar | Properties | Taskbar tab | Customize button |
Highlight item | Select Always hide | OK | Apply | OK

Description of Notification Area Settings
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279771

Taskbar notification area overview

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eRjX8cDdFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
-z <NoSpam@x.com> hunted and pecked:
> I hope I am using the right term for this: I am speaking of the area in
> the lower right corner containing such things as the time. Anyway, how
> can I reduce the look of what is running? Once they were in sort of a
> "block." Now instead of being listed vertically, the listing is strickly
> horizontal.
>
> Thank you
June 18, 2005 8:08:26 PM

Hi,

It is called the notification area.

Check for an option to not having the icon load in the System Tray via the
program(s) in question.

Other options for removal:

Go to Start/Run and type in: msconfig. Go to the Startup Tab and uncheck
accordingly. Then run this script to remove the disabled items from the
registry.

Clear Disabled Items from Msconfig Startup and Selective Startup (Line 148)

Or...remove the runkeys from here: Start/Run/Regedit

Troubleshooting, Removing and/or Cleaning Add or Remove Programs
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#addremove

Troubleshooting the Notification Area
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm#na

Remove Past Items From the Notification Area (Line 53)

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP

"-z" <NoSpam@x.com> wrote in message
>I hope I am using the right term for this: I am speaking of the area in the
>lower right corner containing such things as the time. Anyway, how can I
>reduce the look of what is running? Once they were in sort of a "block."
>Now instead of being listed vertically, the listing is strickly horizontal.
>
> Thank you
June 18, 2005 8:09:05 PM

Wesley Vogel wrote:
> It is called the Taskbar notification area.
>
> Right click the Taskbar | Properties | Taskbar tab | Customize button |
> Highlight item | Select Always hide | OK | Apply | OK
>
> Description of Notification Area Settings
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279771
>
> Taskbar notification area overview
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/window...

Thank you

Just what I wanted

Peace
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 9:02:49 PM

You're welcome.

Peace, love, drugs and Bobby Sherman.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uKpyUGEdFHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
-z <NoSpam@x.com> hunted and pecked:
> Wesley Vogel wrote:
>> It is called the Taskbar notification area.
>>
>> Right click the Taskbar | Properties | Taskbar tab | Customize button |
>> Highlight item | Select Always hide | OK | Apply | OK
>>
>> Description of Notification Area Settings
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279771
>>
>> Taskbar notification area overview

> Thank you
>
> Just what I wanted
>
> Peace
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 11:07:19 AM

Right click and unlock bar. Resize it by dragging top edge. Relock.

!