Can't Get The Laptop Internet

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Hi I just bought a MN-700 Wireless Base Station the
desktop is connected to the base station and is getting ok
internet access. I am having trouble configuring the
laptop which has a linksys wireless card in it. I was told
that the Microsoft / Linksys difference would not matter
and now I can not seem to get the linksys to configure
properly. I put in the SSID info and the WEP info in the
linksys program and it says connecting and never actually
does please someone help :(

Now it has connected to the router and says good
connection but I don't get any internet through the
laptop :( I can move closer to the router and get
excellent connection but for some reason no internet. I
uninstalled firewalls and everything someones please help.

joker

Which OS is the laptop running?

> Now it has connected to the router and says good
> connection but I don't get any internet through the
> laptop :( I can move closer to the router and get
> excellent connection but for some reason no internet. I
> uninstalled firewalls and everything someones please help.

Can you ping the router? Run command prompt and enter
ping 192.168.2.1 This will let you check that the problem
is between the laptop and router, and not in the router
configuration to get to the Internet.

Usually, it helps disabling WEP in the router and laptop,
setting up everything, and once working adding WEP.

Also, make sure router and laptop wireless are using the
same channel and same key length!

i'm having a similar problem... i'm using a MZ-700
wirelessbase station... my laptop can pickup the SSID
name... recieves an "Excellent" signal strength... but i
cant connect to the internet at all...

also... i dont have another laptop to determine if the
problem is at my router or laptop...

i'm not sure about this part... but i when look at
Start>Control Panel>Network Connections>Wireless Network
Connections... under the suppose tab... are the "Address
Type, IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway" suppose
to be "<Unavailable>"...?

i'm currently using a Broadcom 54g MaxPerformance 802.11g
network adapter running on WinXP... Pleaes Help... =\