Can't Get The Laptop Internet

Hi I just bought a MN-700 Wireless Base Station the
desktop is connected to the base station and is getting ok
internet access. I am having trouble configuring the
laptop which has a linksys wireless card in it. I was told
that the Microsoft / Linksys difference would not matter
and now I can not seem to get the linksys to configure
properly. I put in the SSID info and the WEP info in the
linksys program and it says connecting and never actually
does please someone help :(
4 answers Last reply
More about laptop internet

    Now it has connected to the router and says good
    connection but I don't get any internet through the
    laptop :( I can move closer to the router and get
    excellent connection but for some reason no internet. I
    uninstalled firewalls and everything someones please help.

    Which OS is the laptop running?

    > Now it has connected to the router and says good
    > connection but I don't get any internet through the
    > laptop :( I can move closer to the router and get
    > excellent connection but for some reason no internet. I
    > uninstalled firewalls and everything someones please help.

    Can you ping the router? Run command prompt and enter
    ping 192.168.2.1 This will let you check that the problem
    is between the laptop and router, and not in the router
    configuration to get to the Internet.

    Usually, it helps disabling WEP in the router and laptop,
    setting up everything, and once working adding WEP.

    Also, make sure router and laptop wireless are using the
    same channel and same key length!

    i'm having a similar problem... i'm using a MZ-700
    wirelessbase station... my laptop can pickup the SSID
    name... recieves an "Excellent" signal strength... but i
    cant connect to the internet at all...

    also... i dont have another laptop to determine if the
    problem is at my router or laptop...

    i'm not sure about this part... but i when look at
    Start>Control Panel>Network Connections>Wireless Network
    Connections... under the suppose tab... are the "Address
    Type, IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway" suppose
    to be "<Unavailable>"...?

    i'm currently using a Broadcom 54g MaxPerformance 802.11g
    network adapter running on WinXP... Pleaes Help... =\

Routers Laptops Linksys Microsoft Networking