Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Wireless Keyboard does not work but mouse does.

Last response: in Windows 7
March 10, 2010 7:48:38 PM

Hello,

We have an odd problem.

Wireless USB keyboards do not work with our Windows 7 Ultimate rig.

The wireless mice work fine.

The wired USB keyboards work fine.

I have checked the BIOS and it appears fine.

But we can't get any wired keyboard to work on the machine. They work fine on another machine.

Is there a way to turn off the wireless keyboard with keystrokes or something?

March 11, 2010 3:29:41 PM

Simeron said:
Hello,

We have an odd problem.

Wireless USB keyboards do not work with our Windows 7 Ultimate rig.

The wireless mice work fine.

The wired USB keyboards work fine.

I have checked the BIOS and it appears fine.

But we can't get any wired keyboard to work on the machine. They work fine on another machine.

Is there a way to turn off the wireless keyboard with keystrokes or something?

Nobody has an idea what could cause this?

Score
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b F Wireless
a b $ Windows 7
August 12, 2010 7:00:24 PM

I have the same problem. It is not the motherboard - the same keyboard works fine on this machine with Vista. Further, the keyboard works perfectly in the bios; it fails when booted into windows. I also have one USB keyboard thst works on every machine I own EXCEPT my 2 Win7 ultimate boxes.

This is a really odd one - probably has to do with USB drivers but I am clueless as to where to go next.
Score
Related resources
August 12, 2010 8:18:20 PM

do the keyboards work in BIOS?
Score
August 15, 2010 10:19:34 PM

nsquid said:
do the keyboards work in BIOS?

Yes, the keyboards work fine in the bios.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
August 16, 2010 12:52:08 PM

How may comnnectors does the keyboard have? If two, unplug the mouse connector.
Ok, Look in device manager, under keyboard and mouse, How many devices are listed in each.? Write down all items listed, go in to properties and write down a bit more detailed info for each item. ( the point here was to have a unique description for each listing)
Disable 1 at a time noting which one disables the mouse. or which on enables the keyboard. Re enable those you want and keep extras disabled.
Score
August 16, 2010 5:28:12 PM

i've heard of a setting in some manufacturer's bios that says something to the effect of "enable usb keyboard"

this is supposed to allow the keyboard to work in bios (which it does even if you disable it), but prevents it from working properly in windows. see if you can find this setting in the BIOS and disable it, and see if the keyboards then work in windows.
Score
November 6, 2010 7:28:51 PM

Hi
I had the same problem with my toshiba laptop. keyboard works fine on mac and even on linux. my laptop has 2 USB connections and the funny thing is the keyboard work when i plug in on of them, but doesn't work on the second one.
you might have the same problem and is anyone knows how to fix this? so it will work on both USB!
Score
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
November 7, 2010 7:16:42 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!