I have a standard PC that I bought a WIFI router for and I use it with this machine and also my widescreen Dell laptop. However my husband was given an old laptop with has a Belkin USB Adapter sticking out the back. Sometimes I can get it to connect to the internet and other times it wont. Any ideas?
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 6, 2010 1:49:29 AM
Presumably wireless ? You should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.