Sign in with
Your question

Do signal boosters work if you have no signal with verizon

Last response: in Network Providers
November 20, 2012 5:48:53 AM

Hello,
i have service with verizon, i bought a house that is near a lake i have no service, verizon told me the signal bounces of the lake and is weak or lost. Verizon told me a zboost yx545 should bring in the signal, to give it a try. I have to drive a 1\2 mile up the road to make a call if the booster doesn't work i'll be stuck with a $200.00 paper weight
November 22, 2012 11:47:43 PM

If you don't get even a tiny signal on the roof of your house, it's not very likely that a cell phone signal booster will work for you. There needs to be something there to amplify. A half-mile is a long way to go before you get a signal. If you wanted to try a signal booster, I would go for one with a directional antenna which is much more powerful than an omni-directional. Something like the DB Pro with a Yagi would be much better than a YX545: http://www.ubersignal.com/wilson-dual-band-db-pro-yagi-kit-841263.html
March 24, 2013 6:12:38 PM

From what I understand for your situation you would need a really high gain Yagi antenna. Assuming you can get line of site from the roof of your house and you have a high gain amplifier you may be able get service in the house. You can try visiting www.4surecalls.com and speak with one of their engineers. They have a complete line of many kits and they are extremely eager to help before and after the sale.

Jason
!