Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

hi i know this is probably a ez fix but not for me...i go to various game
sites and when i open the game to play, the window is too small and the
enlarge button isnt operational. is there a setting i need to adjust?

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 13:12:01 -0700, "Rick"
<Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

|hi i know this is probably a ez fix but not for me...i go to various game
|sites and when i open the game to play, the window is too small and the
|enlarge button isnt operational. is there a setting i need to adjust?

No -- the application programmer has set the window to
that size and has specified that you can't change it.

Since you are playing a game and games are mostly
graphics, reading between the lines I think what you
want to do is make everything bigger. Increasing the
size of the window will not do that. A graphic to size
of a postage stamp is that same size whether it's in a
window that 400 x 400 pixels or 800 x 800 pixels.

What will increase the size of everything is to
decrease the resolution of your monitor screen. Pixels
per inch will go down thus inches per pixel will go up.
Go to a blank spot on your desktop, right click ,
choose properties then the advanced tab. What
resolution to set it at you will have to determine by
experimentation but my guess is that 800x600 should be
close for 17 or 19 inch monitor.

If I'm wrong and this is not what you want to, post
back and I'll tell you how I think you can make the
window bigger.

HTH-Larry
Any advise is my attempt to contribute more than I have received but I can only assure you that it works on my PC. GOOD LUCK.