Calendar on System Restore has no Bold Dates

Tags:
  • System Restore
  • Microsoft
  • Hard Drives
  • Windows XP
June 18, 2005 5:48:02 PM

Because my system has gone kaflooey in the last week, and I've done a number
of things that might have caused it and can't tell which one, I want to make
use of System Restore.

I checked to make sure that my system has been set up to do so; it has.

I then went into System Restore, used the wizard, and when it asked me to
click on the date on the calendar that I wanted to restore back to, NONE of
the dates in June (current month) were bold except today. And the system
would not allow me to go to a previous month.

The only symptom that I have that comes close to what MS's support
knowledge base docs have to say about this situation is that I might not have
enough room on my hard drive. I have 8 gigs of free space on my hard drive.
10.7 is used, but not all by system files.

Please advise. Thanks.

More about : calendar system restore bold dates

Anonymous
June 19, 2005 2:17:32 PM

"Jillaine" <Jillaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Because my system has gone kaflooey in the last week, and I've done a number
>of things that might have caused it and can't tell which one, I want to make
>use of System Restore.
>
>I checked to make sure that my system has been set up to do so; it has.
>
>I then went into System Restore, used the wizard, and when it asked me to
>click on the date on the calendar that I wanted to restore back to, NONE of
>the dates in June (current month) were bold except today. And the system
>would not allow me to go to a previous month.

See "Troubleshooting System Restore in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302796).

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233

Hi Jillaine,

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.

Go to Start - Run and type eventvwr.msc and press enter.
Click on System in the left pane.
Click the gray title "Source" at the top of the source name column in
the right pane to sort by source name, look for "sr" and "srservice".
Double click on each of these events, then click on the button below
the two arrows in the upper right corner. This will copy the event
information to the clipboard. Paste the information for each of the
two event here. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.
System Restore Failures to restore:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html
System Restore fails to create an automatic restore point:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srauto.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User