Dial Up Networking works but doesn't interface

Dial Up Networking connects perfectly and I can verify it by pinging and
ipconfig, BUT IE6, Firefox, Netscape, both Windows and Norton auto update all
cannot 'find' it. IE6 and Firefox give a page not available. Everything was
fine until about a week ago. I've run MS malware remover with no results. I
run Zone Alarm and SpyBot consistently. Any suggestions appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about dial networking works doesn interface

    In ipconfig....is it reading 169....or 192....? In the meantime, run this
    combo:

    Run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot, CWShredder and HijackThis:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

    Note: Update the first two programs, once installed, before running.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "1963 Novice" <1963Novice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Dial Up Networking connects perfectly and I can verify it by pinging and
    > ipconfig, BUT IE6, Firefox, Netscape, both Windows and Norton auto update
    > all
    > cannot 'find' it. IE6 and Firefox give a page not available. Everything
    > was
    > fine until about a week ago. I've run MS malware remover with no results.
    > run Zone Alarm and SpyBot consistently. Any suggestions appreciated.

    I am, of course running zone alarm. IPconfig reports 4.226.xxx.105.
    Until I get back on with the problem computer, I'm unable to load anything
    that requires an active internet connection to update.

    "Kelly" wrote:

    > In ipconfig....is it reading 169....or 192....? In the meantime, run this
    > combo:
    >
    > Run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot, CWShredder and HijackThis:
    > http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
    >
    > Note: Update the first two programs, once installed, before running.
    >

    > --
    >
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >

    > "1963 Novice" <1963Novice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Dial Up Networking connects perfectly and I can verify it by pinging and
    > > ipconfig, BUT IE6, Firefox, Netscape, both Windows and Norton auto update
    > > all
    > > cannot 'find' it. IE6 and Firefox give a page not available. Everything
    > > was
    > > fine until about a week ago. I've run MS malware remover with no results.
    > > run Zone Alarm and SpyBot consistently. Any suggestions appreciated.

Networking Dial Up Connection Windows XP