infiniti029

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2003
Just recently, I started to hear really odd static coming out of Audigy, i think. When I listen closely with my Sennheiser 280pros, there is a light static when I move things in windows. What I mean by that is that if I resize a window, scroll, or something like that... it causes a light static sound. This only occurs when I do something like that. I find this very, very strange. My soundcard is an Audigy ES i believe, and i've already tried updating the drivers. Could the soundcard have gone defective? Is something else causing interference? I have not had this problem up until now.

Uninstall (completely remove the drivers, pull the soundcard from the PCI slot for a few minutes and reinsert the soundcard back in the PCI slot and then reinstall it), thats a bad side effect the Audigy cards developed, thankfully they seemed to have resolved this issue with the Audigy ZS.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=2541" target="_new">My Rig</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by 4ryan6 on 03/01/04 08:54 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Sockatume

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2004
It might be worth trying a different PCI slot, too, if you've got the space- try the PCI slot furthest from everything else.

Actually with some M/Bs Win98, Win98SE, and WinME, tend to like PCI slot 3, as far as IRQs go. But his problem I think is a build up of capacitance on the components, that might sound wierd but I've resolved the problem by removing the card from the machine for a few minutes and then reinstalling it, it gives you a longer time interval before the crackling returns, and the crackling and popping eventually will return and you'll have to reinstall again, to once again solve the problem. The worst Creative cards I've run across with this problem were the Audigy and the 5.1 Live soundcards.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=2541" target="_new">My Rig</A>

Sockatume

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2004
Maybe it would be worth installing some sort of circuit to switch the card out, to save wear on the connectors? You'd still have to go through all the uninstalling business, but if you properly isolated it, it would be just as good as the unplugging. On the other hand, the effort that goes into designing and installing the ciruit might be more than the effort of removing the card a few times a year. ;)