Audigy 2 differences

geronimo

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
what are the differences between Audigy2 6.1 and Audigy2 ZS 7.1 except 6.1 or 7.1 output? because 6.1 is much cheaper and i have a 5.1 decoder so i don't use 7.1 or even 6.1. are there some improwements in hardware or something like that? thanks.

Geronimo

I can't comment on the exact differences between them but I will comment on the fact that I first bought the Audigy 2, and right after I bought it the Audigy 2 ZS was marketed, so I took the Audigy 2 back and exchanged it for the ZS, it has a noise diagnostic feature that I don't remember seeing on the Audigy 2, but mostly I'd like to say the ZS is the best soundcard I've ever owned, it truly does what its advertised to do, and Creative finally has produced a truly worthy product for the money. I'm very satisfied with the card, I don't have even 1 complaint against it. For a long time I wouldn't have anything to do with Creative, because I was very disgusted with their products developing crackling and popping resulting in an uninstall and reinstall to temporarily solve the problem, but the Audigy ZS hasn't done that at all, I haven't the first time had to use the noise diagnostic feature. Hope this helps some. Ryan

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=2541" target="_new">My Rig</A>