DirectX/DxDiag question on version information

June 18, 2005 7:53:01 PM

I recently upgraded to version 9.0C of DirectX. This is verified when I run
DxDiag.exe. However, when trying to install an ATI TV Tuner, I'm having
issues advising that DirectX is not installed properly, yet the DxDiag shows
everything is fine. I'm taking that up with ATI. When I run PCPitStop or a
diagnostic from my PC maker, they both show I have DirectX version
5.03.2600.2180. I just noticed this same number appears at the bottom of the
DxDiag.exe display. Isn't this the version of the DxDiag.exe utlity? Could
both the ATI install and both these diagnostics be grabbing the wrong version
info from the wrong app?
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 2:55:43 AM

"Kerry" <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently upgraded to version 9.0C of DirectX. This is verified when I
run
> DxDiag.exe. However, when trying to install an ATI TV Tuner, I'm having
> issues advising that DirectX is not installed properly, yet the DxDiag
shows
> everything is fine. I'm taking that up with ATI. When I run PCPitStop or
> diagnostic from my PC maker, they both show I have DirectX version
> 5.03.2600.2180. I just noticed this same number appears at the bottom of
the
> DxDiag.exe display. Isn't this the version of the DxDiag.exe utlity?
Could
> both the ATI install and both these diagnostics be grabbing the wrong
version
> info from the wrong app?

I have DX 9.0C as well but my version number is 5.03.0001.0904.
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 3:23:07 AM

"Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message
news:p D1te.67053$6g3.19212@tornado.texas.rr.com...

> "Kerry" <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I recently upgraded to version 9.0C of DirectX. This is verified when I
> run
>> DxDiag.exe. However, when trying to install an ATI TV Tuner, I'm having
>> issues advising that DirectX is not installed properly, yet the DxDiag
> shows
>> everything is fine. I'm taking that up with ATI. When I run PCPitStop or
>> diagnostic from my PC maker, they both show I have DirectX version
>> 5.03.2600.2180. I just noticed this same number appears at the bottom of
> the
>> DxDiag.exe display. Isn't this the version of the DxDiag.exe utlity?
> Could
>> both the ATI install and both these diagnostics be grabbing the wrong
> version
>> info from the wrong app?
>
> I have DX 9.0C as well but my version number is 5.03.0001.0904.

I also have DirectX 9.0C but the DxDiag is version 5.03.2600.2180
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
July 30, 2005 4:03:04 PM

I was wondering based on your experience if you would be able to help me? I
just installed directx9.0c. But on the diagostic tool, the version still
reads 8.1.

Any clue as to why the dxdiag tool is not reporting that 9.0 is insalled???
--
Steve RE DirectX 9

!