DirectX/DxDiag question on version information

I recently upgraded to version 9.0C of DirectX. This is verified when I run
DxDiag.exe. However, when trying to install an ATI TV Tuner, I'm having
issues advising that DirectX is not installed properly, yet the DxDiag shows
everything is fine. I'm taking that up with ATI. When I run PCPitStop or a
diagnostic from my PC maker, they both show I have DirectX version
5.03.2600.2180. I just noticed this same number appears at the bottom of the
DxDiag.exe display. Isn't this the version of the DxDiag.exe utlity? Could
both the ATI install and both these diagnostics be grabbing the wrong version
info from the wrong app?
3 answers Last reply
More about directx dxdiag question version information

    "Kerry" <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I recently upgraded to version 9.0C of DirectX. This is verified when I
    run
    > DxDiag.exe. However, when trying to install an ATI TV Tuner, I'm having
    > issues advising that DirectX is not installed properly, yet the DxDiag
    shows
    > everything is fine. I'm taking that up with ATI. When I run PCPitStop or
    > diagnostic from my PC maker, they both show I have DirectX version
    > 5.03.2600.2180. I just noticed this same number appears at the bottom of
    the
    > DxDiag.exe display. Isn't this the version of the DxDiag.exe utlity?
    Could
    > both the ATI install and both these diagnostics be grabbing the wrong
    version
    > info from the wrong app?

    I have DX 9.0C as well but my version number is 5.03.0001.0904.

    "Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message

    > "Kerry" <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I recently upgraded to version 9.0C of DirectX. This is verified when I
    > run
    >> DxDiag.exe. However, when trying to install an ATI TV Tuner, I'm having
    >> issues advising that DirectX is not installed properly, yet the DxDiag
    > shows
    >> everything is fine. I'm taking that up with ATI. When I run PCPitStop or
    >> diagnostic from my PC maker, they both show I have DirectX version
    >> 5.03.2600.2180. I just noticed this same number appears at the bottom of
    > the
    >> DxDiag.exe display. Isn't this the version of the DxDiag.exe utlity?
    > Could
    >> both the ATI install and both these diagnostics be grabbing the wrong
    > version
    >> info from the wrong app?
    >
    > I have DX 9.0C as well but my version number is 5.03.0001.0904.

    I also have DirectX 9.0C but the DxDiag is version 5.03.2600.2180
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

    I was wondering based on your experience if you would be able to help me? I
    just installed directx9.0c. But on the diagostic tool, the version still
    reads 8.1.

    Any clue as to why the dxdiag tool is not reporting that 9.0 is insalled???
    --
    Steve RE DirectX 9

    "Johnny Lingo" wrote:

    > "Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Kerry" <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >> I recently upgraded to version 9.0C of DirectX. This is verified when I
    > > run
    > >> DxDiag.exe. However, when trying to install an ATI TV Tuner, I'm having
    > >> issues advising that DirectX is not installed properly, yet the DxDiag
    > > shows
    > >> everything is fine. I'm taking that up with ATI. When I run PCPitStop or
    > >> diagnostic from my PC maker, they both show I have DirectX version
    > >> 5.03.2600.2180. I just noticed this same number appears at the bottom of
    > > the
    > >> DxDiag.exe display. Isn't this the version of the DxDiag.exe utlity?
    > > Could
    > >> both the ATI install and both these diagnostics be grabbing the wrong
    > > version
    > >> info from the wrong app?
    > >
    > > I have DX 9.0C as well but my version number is 5.03.0001.0904.
    > >

    > I also have DirectX 9.0C but the DxDiag is version 5.03.2600.2180
    > DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DxDiag Directx ATI Windows XP