Josh

If I have a computer that I use for work but would like to allow the kids to
use some of the hard drive for storage. Without a domain whats the best way
to allow them to do that? It seems that they can now just go whereever they
want?
Do I change permissions on the share tab or the security tab?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Josh wrote:

> If I have a computer that I use for work but would like to allow the kids to
> use some of the hard drive for storage. Without a domain whats the best way
> to allow them to do that? It seems that they can now just go whereever they
> want?
> Do I change permissions on the share tab or the security tab?

Josh you asked that question yesterday and received several answers.
Can you not see those posts or do you just not like the answers? If the
former I'm not sure why you can see it since you're using OE but use
Google groups and search for the post with your name.

If the latter then maybe the reason is your question is not very clear.
Are you talking about letting them onto that same computer or would
they be accessing it from other computers through a workgroup
configuration? Whichever way you need to provide more information on
what the setup is and what you'd like to achieve and post that
information to the original post, not as a new one. A new post
fragments the thread and makes it hard for someone to know what to
suggest since they don't know what has been suggested.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Josh

Did not find the post sorry. So I thought that it did not make it.

Josh