Checking Product Key before Install

I have a used copy of XP upgrade and would like to know if it is being used
before installing it. Is there a MS site one can go to and put in product
key to see if it is already in use?
2 answers Last reply
More about checking product install

    Odds are, it's being used, that being said, can they _really_ tell. Mostly,
    no. If you are wary then simply call Microsoft to be issued a new activation
    key, usually they will give you one when you have the cd.
    I won't go into the explanation on this but if you have a REAL LEGAL copy,
    you should be fine, otherwise, go buy one.

    --
    ~*Kim*~

    MCP/MCSA/MCSE
    The Canadian DOS Prompt: EH?\>

    "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a used copy of XP upgrade and would like to know if it is being used
    > before installing it. Is there a MS site one can go to and put in product
    > key to see if it is already in use?

    No there isn't. All you can do is install the system and activate. If you
    are refused activation, you know!

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a used copy of XP upgrade and would like to know if it is being used
    > before installing it. Is there a MS site one can go to and put in product
    > key to see if it is already in use?

Microsoft Windows XP