Walkie Talkies

June 18, 2005 10:51:02 PM

If I buy a pair of walkie talkies, or walkie talkie headsets, is there any
way that I can communicate and recieve messages from them on my computer?

I did a google search and I cant find out how. Can someone help me out here?

More about : walkie talkies

Anonymous
June 19, 2005 12:55:05 AM

No.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"JayDan" wrote:

| If I buy a pair of walkie talkies, or walkie talkie headsets, is there any
| way that I can communicate and recieve messages from them on my computer?
|
| I did a google search and I cant find out how. Can someone help me out here?
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 2:58:04 AM

Yes, if you have enough money to spend. You'll need a radio
receiver connected to a digitizer unless you just want to
record the audio as sound. You would connect to the "line
in" and record either audio or binary signals. But why? If
you want the computer to be able to send you signals, you
might be able to use voice commands to execute programs that
could include playing a audio file. Again, it would be
expensive to have software written. One other issue is FCC
regulations that control broadcast matter and technologies.

some support

"JayDan" <JayDan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| If I buy a pair of walkie talkies, or walkie talkie
headsets, is there any
| way that I can communicate and recieve messages from them
on my computer?

| I did a google search and I cant find out how. Can someone
help me out here?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 3:27:48 AM

What would make you even think that?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

"JayDan" <JayDan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I buy a pair of walkie talkies, or walkie talkie headsets, is there any
> way that I can communicate and recieve messages from them on my computer?
>
> I did a google search and I cant find out how. Can someone help me out
> here?
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 3:42:52 AM

Ever see the TV series I Spy <s>

--
Peter

"Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uNhTe7HdFHA.412@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> What would make you even think that?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban

> "JayDan" <JayDan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> If I buy a pair of walkie talkies, or walkie talkie headsets, is there any
>> way that I can communicate and recieve messages from them on my computer?
>>
>> I did a google search and I cant find out how. Can someone help me out
>> here?

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 5:19:20 PM

JayDan wrote:

> If I buy a pair of walkie talkies, or walkie talkie headsets, is there any
> way that I can communicate and recieve messages from them on my computer?
>
> I did a google search and I cant find out how. Can someone help me out here?

Do a search on interfacing radio with computer. Lots of ham radio sites.

Steve
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 5:22:55 PM

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:

> No.

People have been connecting radios to computers for years.

Steve
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 5:22:56 PM

"Steve N." <me@here.now> wrote in message
news:p qzte.7034$jX6.4172@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
| Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
|
| > No.
| >

| People have been connecting radios to computers for years.
|
| Steve

Do not confuse Carey Frisch with the facts, his mind is made up.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 1:26:43 PM

JusMe wrote:

> "Steve N." <me@here.now> wrote in message
> news:p qzte.7034$jX6.4172@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> | Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> |
> | > No.
> | >

> | People have been connecting radios to computers for years.
> |
> | Steve
> |

> Do not confuse Carey Frisch with the facts, his mind is made up.

He's got a reputation to keep, too.

Steve
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 1:50:51 PM

"Steve N." <Steve_N@nunya.biz.nes> wrote in message
news:o g0tD4ndFHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| JusMe wrote:
|
| > "Steve N." <me@here.now> wrote in message
| > news:p qzte.7034$jX6.4172@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
| > | Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
| > |
> [...]
| > |
| > | People have been connecting radios to computers for years.
| > |
| > | Steve
| > |

| > Do not confuse Carey Frisch with the facts, his mind is made up.
| >

| He's got a reputation to keep, too.
|
| Steve

I'll give him this, somehow he keeps getting his MVP renewed in
spite of the questionable 'value'. I think I know who nominated him
in the first place, but she's not confessing.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 2:44:33 PM

JusMe wrote:

> "Steve N." <Steve_N@nunya.biz.nes> wrote in message
> news:o g0tD4ndFHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> | JusMe wrote:
> |
> | > "Steve N." <me@here.now> wrote in message
> | > news:p qzte.7034$jX6.4172@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> | > |

> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

> | > Do not confuse Carey Frisch with the facts, his mind is made up.
> | >

> | He's got a reputation to keep, too.
> |
> | Steve
>
> I'll give him this, somehow he keeps getting his MVP renewed in
> spite of the questionable 'value'. I think I know who nominated him
> in the first place, but she's not confessing.

He gets it by virtue of being prolific is all I can guess. In his case
MVP stands for Most Voluminous Poster. It's like shooting birdshot, get
enough projectiles in the air and some of them can't help but hit the
target.

Steve
!