Walkie Talkies

If I buy a pair of walkie talkies, or walkie talkie headsets, is there any
way that I can communicate and recieve messages from them on my computer?

I did a google search and I cant find out how. Can someone help me out here?
10 answers Last reply
More about walkie talkies

    No.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "JayDan" wrote:

    | If I buy a pair of walkie talkies, or walkie talkie headsets, is there any
    | way that I can communicate and recieve messages from them on my computer?
    |
    | I did a google search and I cant find out how. Can someone help me out here?

    Yes, if you have enough money to spend. You'll need a radio
    receiver connected to a digitizer unless you just want to
    record the audio as sound. You would connect to the "line
    in" and record either audio or binary signals. But why? If
    you want the computer to be able to send you signals, you
    might be able to use voice commands to execute programs that
    could include playing a audio file. Again, it would be
    expensive to have software written. One other issue is FCC
    regulations that control broadcast matter and technologies.

    some support

    "JayDan" <JayDan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | If I buy a pair of walkie talkies, or walkie talkie
    headsets, is there any
    | way that I can communicate and recieve messages from them
    on my computer?

    | I did a google search and I cant find out how. Can someone
    help me out here?

    What would make you even think that?

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    "JayDan" <JayDan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > If I buy a pair of walkie talkies, or walkie talkie headsets, is there any
    > way that I can communicate and recieve messages from them on my computer?
    >
    > I did a google search and I cant find out how. Can someone help me out
    > here?

    Ever see the TV series I Spy <s>

    --
    Peter

    JayDan wrote:

    > If I buy a pair of walkie talkies, or walkie talkie headsets, is there any
    > way that I can communicate and recieve messages from them on my computer?
    >
    > I did a google search and I cant find out how. Can someone help me out here?

    Do a search on interfacing radio with computer. Lots of ham radio sites.

    Steve

    Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:

    > No.

    People have been connecting radios to computers for years.

    Steve

    "Steve N." <me@here.now> wrote in message
    | Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
    |
    | > No.
    | >

    | People have been connecting radios to computers for years.
    |
    | Steve

    Do not confuse Carey Frisch with the facts, his mind is made up.

    JusMe wrote:

    > "Steve N." <me@here.now> wrote in message
    > | Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
    > |
    > | > No.
    > | >

    > | People have been connecting radios to computers for years.
    > |
    > | Steve
    > |

    > Do not confuse Carey Frisch with the facts, his mind is made up.

    He's got a reputation to keep, too.

    Steve

    "Steve N." <Steve_N@nunya.biz.nes> wrote in message
    | JusMe wrote:
    |
    | > "Steve N." <me@here.now> wrote in message
    | > | Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
    | > |
> [...]
    | > |
    | > | People have been connecting radios to computers for years.
    | > |
    | > | Steve
    | > |

    | > Do not confuse Carey Frisch with the facts, his mind is made up.
    | >

    | He's got a reputation to keep, too.
    |
    | Steve

    I'll give him this, somehow he keeps getting his MVP renewed in
    spite of the questionable 'value'. I think I know who nominated him
    in the first place, but she's not confessing.

    JusMe wrote:

    > "Steve N." <Steve_N@nunya.biz.nes> wrote in message
    > | JusMe wrote:
    > |
    > | > "Steve N." <me@here.now> wrote in message
    > | > |

    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |

    > | > Do not confuse Carey Frisch with the facts, his mind is made up.
    > | >

    > | He's got a reputation to keep, too.
    > |
    > | Steve
    >
    > I'll give him this, somehow he keeps getting his MVP renewed in
    > spite of the questionable 'value'. I think I know who nominated him
    > in the first place, but she's not confessing.

    He gets it by virtue of being prolific is all I can guess. In his case
    MVP stands for Most Voluminous Poster. It's like shooting birdshot, get
    enough projectiles in the air and some of them can't help but hit the
    target.

    Steve

Microsoft Windows XP