MN-710 MN-700 Win XP Home and Win 98. No internet or file ..

Ghost

Distinguished
May 16, 2002

Hey All,

I am on Comcast cable and I am trying to setup both of my
computers so they can share the internet and play games
with eachother.

I have my laptop directly connected to the MN-700 via the
ethernet cable. I programmed the base station from this
location. It is running Win XP Home edition.

The other system is a desktop about 15 feet away that is
connected to the MN-710 USB 2.0 Adapter. It has Windows
98 SE. Everything installed fine and sets up properly.

The problem is that the computer can't find the laptop
connected to the base station. It also can not find the
internet connection. However, it can find the Workgroup
and Network ID's.

So, if I am on the laptop, I can access the Win 98
Desktop system, but I can not do vice versa.

Any ideas? The whole reason I got these two products was
to share the net connection and things between the
computers, such as gaming.

TIA!

Jamal

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004

Ghost

Distinguished
May 16, 2002

I just reset the modem and base station. It is still
doing the same thing.

Could it be a driver issue for the USB device? I have an
old version of Windows(98 SE). When I install the USB
device, it asks for the Windows 98 SE disk, but I put it
in and it can't find the files it needs for the drivers
for the USB device.

Is there a place to download these so I can manually add
them?

Anyone else having problems like this? Ideas?

TIA!