Dell Inspiron 4100: SideWinder force Feedback Pro

June 18, 2005 11:28:01 PM

I have SideWinder FF Pro with 15 pin and I tried to use the USB adapter from
Radioshack & Belkin. But none of them is working.

1- Radioshack: I see the USB adpter in the game control but it does not
comunicate with the Joystick.

2- Belkin: it give error message that the power soruce is higher that it
should be and must be disconncect.

I love to use my SideWinder on my Dell Inspiron 4100? Any help or Hint?
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 1:11:15 AM

That's is correct. You have one more pathway to try before you give up and
throw the joystick away... get a separate soundcard with a gameport/midi
port on it and use it that way. Look at the soundcards first and ensure
they do have a gameport... either on the card or with a separate bracket.
No point in getting one without either. Creative Lab's Audigy2 ZA has a
gameport on a bracket.

The reason why the other ways won't work.....

A USB device must have hard coding in it so that the PC knows what is
connecting to it. A gameport joystick does not normally have that coding.
Therefore the PC has absolutely no idea what you have plugged in to the USB
port and refuses to 'see' it. There is no workaround. That's just the way
it is.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Belal" <Belal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have SideWinder FF Pro with 15 pin and I tried to use the USB adapter
>from
> Radioshack & Belkin. But none of them is working.
>
> 1- Radioshack: I see the USB adpter in the game control but it does not
> comunicate with the Joystick.
>
> 2- Belkin: it give error message that the power soruce is higher that it
> should be and must be disconncect.
>
> I love to use my SideWinder on my Dell Inspiron 4100? Any help or Hint?

June 21, 2005 10:03:02 AM

Thanks Cari for quick response.

Does Creative Lab's Audigy2 ZA works on labtop? how to add it? Thank you.

Bilal

!