Logon picture

June 19, 2005 6:40:55 AM

I used a camera to get my picture on my Logon screen. I'd like MSN
messenger to use this picture. Where can I find it?

More about : logon picture

Anonymous
June 19, 2005 9:35:56 PM

<howard@brazee.net> wrote in message
>I used a camera to get my picture on my Logon screen. I'd like MSN
> messenger to use this picture. Where can I find it?

were ever you downloaded it to ???
re do the exercise and pay attention to were it goes

rgds
Li'l Roberto
June 19, 2005 9:35:57 PM

On 19-Jun-2005, "Li'l Roberto" <whoisit@nospam.invalid.net> wrote:

> >I used a camera to get my picture on my Logon screen. I'd like MSN
> > messenger to use this picture. Where can I find it?
>
> were ever you downloaded it to ???
> re do the exercise and pay attention to were it goes

I used the Control Panel/User Accounts option to get more pictures. It
did not tell me where the picture is. I imagine it's where Windows XP
stores the other pictures we can use with our logon.
June 19, 2005 9:35:58 PM

Have you tried doing a Search for the picture... assuming you named it.

> On 19-Jun-2005, "Li'l Roberto" <whoisit@nospam.invalid.net> wrote:
>
>> >I used a camera to get my picture on my Logon screen. I'd like MSN
>> > messenger to use this picture. Where can I find it?
>>
>> were ever you downloaded it to ???
>> re do the exercise and pay attention to were it goes
>
> I used the Control Panel/User Accounts option to get more pictures. It
> did not tell me where the picture is. I imagine it's where Windows XP
> stores the other pictures we can use with our logon.
June 19, 2005 10:06:58 PM

On 19-Jun-2005, "Len Mattix" <len207@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Have you tried doing a Search for the picture... assuming you named it.

I didn't find an opportunity to name it. I don't know the names of the
other pictures.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 9:31:39 PM

<howard@brazee.net> wrote in message

> On 19-Jun-2005, "Li'l Roberto" <whoisit@nospam.invalid.net> wrote:
>
>> >I used a camera to get my picture on my Logon screen. I'd like MSN
>> > messenger to use this picture. Where can I find it?
>>
>> were ever you downloaded it to ???
>> re do the exercise and pay attention to were it goes
>
> I used the Control Panel/User Accounts option to get more pictures. It
> did not tell me where the picture is. I imagine it's where Windows XP
> stores the other pictures we can use with our logon.

C:\windows\wallpaper ?

rgds
Li'l Roberto
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 9:34:35 PM

"Li'l Roberto" <whoisit@nospam.invalid.net> wrote in message
> <howard@brazee.net> wrote in message

>>> were ever you downloaded it to ???
>>> re do the exercise and pay attention to were it goes
>>
>> I used the Control Panel/User Accounts option to get more pictures. It
>> did not tell me where the picture is. I imagine it's where Windows XP
>> stores the other pictures we can use with our logon.
>
> C:\windows\wallpaper ?

WOOPS Typo !!!

C:\windows\web\wallpaper

rgds
Li'l Roberto
June 20, 2005 9:34:36 PM

On 20-Jun-2005, "Li'l Roberto" <whoisit@nospam.invalid.net> wrote:

> C:\windows\web\wallpaper

Nope. Nice pictures though. Look at the pictures that you can select
for your login. They have to be somewhere. I did a search for pictures
named "chess" without finding one (one picture has chess pieces on it).
June 20, 2005 9:34:37 PM

howard@brazee.net wrote:

> On 20-Jun-2005, "Li'l Roberto" <whoisit@nospam.invalid.net> wrote:
>

>>C:\windows\web\wallpaper
>

> Nope. Nice pictures though. Look at the pictures that you can select
> for your login. They have to be somewhere. I did a search for pictures
> named "chess" without finding one (one picture has chess pieces on it).

Did you select for it to search in hidden files and folders and also
look for system files? It's called chess.bmp in the following
directory: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

On 20-Jun-2005, Rock <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote:

> Did you select for it to search in hidden files and folders and also
> look for system files? It's called chess.bmp in the following
> directory: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
> Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures

Thanks. The name of the picture the camera took was brazee.bmp (named
after the userid), in the User Account Pictures directory.
June 21, 2005 7:13:13 AM

howard@brazee.net wrote:

> On 20-Jun-2005, Rock <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote:
>

>>Did you select for it to search in hidden files and folders and also
>>look for system files? It's called chess.bmp in the following
>>directory: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
>>Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures
>

> Thanks. The name of the picture the camera took was brazee.bmp (named
> after the userid), in the User Account Pictures directory.

You're welcome.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User