Logon picture

I used a camera to get my picture on my Logon screen. I'd like MSN
messenger to use this picture. Where can I find it?
10 answers Last reply
More about logon picture

    <howard@brazee.net> wrote in message
    >I used a camera to get my picture on my Logon screen. I'd like MSN
    > messenger to use this picture. Where can I find it?

    were ever you downloaded it to ???
    re do the exercise and pay attention to were it goes

    rgds
    Li'l Roberto

    On 19-Jun-2005, "Li'l Roberto" <whoisit@nospam.invalid.net> wrote:

    > >I used a camera to get my picture on my Logon screen. I'd like MSN
    > > messenger to use this picture. Where can I find it?
    >
    > were ever you downloaded it to ???
    > re do the exercise and pay attention to were it goes

    I used the Control Panel/User Accounts option to get more pictures. It
    did not tell me where the picture is. I imagine it's where Windows XP
    stores the other pictures we can use with our logon.

    Have you tried doing a Search for the picture... assuming you named it.

    On 19-Jun-2005, "Len Mattix" <len207@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Have you tried doing a Search for the picture... assuming you named it.

    I didn't find an opportunity to name it. I don't know the names of the
    other pictures.

    <howard@brazee.net> wrote in message

    > On 19-Jun-2005, "Li'l Roberto" <whoisit@nospam.invalid.net> wrote:
    >
    >> >I used a camera to get my picture on my Logon screen. I'd like MSN
    >> > messenger to use this picture. Where can I find it?
    >>
    >> were ever you downloaded it to ???
    >> re do the exercise and pay attention to were it goes
    >
    > I used the Control Panel/User Accounts option to get more pictures. It
    > did not tell me where the picture is. I imagine it's where Windows XP
    > stores the other pictures we can use with our logon.

    C:\windows\wallpaper ?

    rgds
    Li'l Roberto

    "Li'l Roberto" <whoisit@nospam.invalid.net> wrote in message
    > <howard@brazee.net> wrote in message

    >>> were ever you downloaded it to ???
    >>> re do the exercise and pay attention to were it goes
    >>
    >> I used the Control Panel/User Accounts option to get more pictures. It
    >> did not tell me where the picture is. I imagine it's where Windows XP
    >> stores the other pictures we can use with our logon.
    >
    > C:\windows\wallpaper ?

    WOOPS Typo !!!

    C:\windows\web\wallpaper

    rgds
    Li'l Roberto

    On 20-Jun-2005, "Li'l Roberto" <whoisit@nospam.invalid.net> wrote:

    > C:\windows\web\wallpaper

    Nope. Nice pictures though. Look at the pictures that you can select
    for your login. They have to be somewhere. I did a search for pictures
    named "chess" without finding one (one picture has chess pieces on it).

    howard@brazee.net wrote:

    > On 20-Jun-2005, "Li'l Roberto" <whoisit@nospam.invalid.net> wrote:
    >

    >>C:\windows\web\wallpaper
    >

    > Nope. Nice pictures though. Look at the pictures that you can select
    > for your login. They have to be somewhere. I did a search for pictures
    > named "chess" without finding one (one picture has chess pieces on it).

    Did you select for it to search in hidden files and folders and also
    look for system files? It's called chess.bmp in the following
    directory: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
    Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    On 20-Jun-2005, Rock <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote:

    > Did you select for it to search in hidden files and folders and also
    > look for system files? It's called chess.bmp in the following
    > directory: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
    > Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures

    Thanks. The name of the picture the camera took was brazee.bmp (named
    after the userid), in the User Account Pictures directory.

    howard@brazee.net wrote:

    > On 20-Jun-2005, Rock <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote:
    >

    >>Did you select for it to search in hidden files and folders and also
    >>look for system files? It's called chess.bmp in the following
    >>directory: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
    >>Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures
    >

    > Thanks. The name of the picture the camera took was brazee.bmp (named
    > after the userid), in the User Account Pictures directory.

    You're welcome.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User