Computer Wont Boot, and System Restore wont work

June 19, 2005 12:09:01 AM

My computer will not boot currectly. It begins to boot as normal but when
starts to load Windows the screen goes black and computer restarts (before
getting to log on screen). When restarting it will go through POST as
normal, and then give me the Boot Menu, Last Know good configuation and Boot
Normaly take me though the same scenario. However I can get into Safe Mode,
in Safe Mode I have use System Restore a numeber of times however eachtime it
fails, and says to try using another restore point (of wich I have to the
same result). I am now out of possible solutions, so any help would be
greatly appriciated.
June 19, 2005 12:20:00 AM

Cloud wrote:

> My computer will not boot currectly. It begins to boot as normal but when
> starts to load Windows the screen goes black and computer restarts (before
> getting to log on screen). When restarting it will go through POST as
> normal, and then give me the Boot Menu, Last Know good configuation and Boot
> Normaly take me though the same scenario. However I can get into Safe Mode,
> in Safe Mode I have use System Restore a numeber of times however eachtime it
> fails, and says to try using another restore point (of wich I have to the
> same result). I am now out of possible solutions, so any help would be
> greatly appriciated.

If you don't have a current backup, install the drive as a slave drive
in another XP or win2k computer and copy the important data, then try a
repair install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User