Status
Not open for further replies.

keeferino

Distinguished
May 15, 2008

keeferino

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
How does the 8800M GTS compare to the HD 3650? And does the 6MB of cache with the Asus make a big difference compared to the 2MB of the others?

The 8800mGTS will wipe the floor with the other cards. There have been benchmarks about the cache size (Toms did one I believe) and if I remember correctly, with gaming, cache made little difference (some but not enough). The Gateway would still be the best gamer out of that group.

Agreed^^^ 8800MGTS is alot better than both 8700MGT and HD 3650
Also although the ASUS one has T9300 but the GPU is more important in 95% of games and therfore the GATEWAY one is the best choice, also the CPU isnt bad, a Core2Duo @ 2.0GHZ is very good for gaming

slashzapper

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Hey i had a look at the Gateway machine , i was in bestbuy wanted to see how big it woud be, as i was interested in getting it myself.

Have to say it was pretty big although it looks like a good gaming machine , if you dont care much for mobility then i would say go for it :)

Owning a monster of a 17'' laptop, I can say with a decent backpack or messenger bag, it's not as bad as you'd think. A backpack is preferable unless you want lopsided shoulders ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.