Computer does not recognize DVD's

When I want to watch a DVD on my computer, the computer doesnt see the DVD. I
went to my computer and it doesnt see it either. Is there a way to get the
disk running so the computer will see it? I have a Vaio labtop.
Thanks

What DVD decoding software do you have installed?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I want to watch a DVD on my computer, the computer doesnt see the
> DVD. I
> went to my computer and it doesnt see it either. Is there a way to get the
> disk running so the computer will see it? I have a Vaio labtop.
> Thanks

A CD drive will not see a DVD disk. What is installed on
your computer? Also you need software to watch a Hollywood
DVD movie even if you have a DVD drive.

some support

"Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| When I want to watch a DVD on my computer, the computer
doesnt see the DVD. I
| went to my computer and it doesnt see it either. Is there
a way to get the
| disk running so the computer will see it? I have a Vaio
labtop.
| Thanks

I have a DVD RW Drive. I also have Intervideo windvd 5 to play the dvds. I
know it can play them because ive done it before also. Before the computer
would see every one of the dvds. Now about 85% of the dvds wont show up at
all. So now I cant watch them.
Thanks

"Jim Macklin" wrote:

> A CD drive will not see a DVD disk. What is installed on
> your computer? Also you need software to watch a Hollywood
> DVD movie even if you have a DVD drive.

> some support
> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>

> "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | When I want to watch a DVD on my computer, the computer
> doesnt see the DVD. I
> | went to my computer and it doesnt see it either. Is there
> a way to get the
> | disk running so the computer will see it? I have a Vaio
> labtop.
> | Thanks

It could be dirty, misaligned, software corrupted. You'll
just have to check and eliminate each possible cause, one at
a time.

Uninstall and reinstall the drive and the software.

some support

|I have a DVD RW Drive. I also have Intervideo windvd 5 to
play the dvds. I
| know it can play them because ive done it before also.
Before the computer
| would see every one of the dvds. Now about 85% of the dvds
wont show up at
| all. So now I cant watch them.
| Thanks
|
| "Jim Macklin" wrote:
|
| > A CD drive will not see a DVD disk. What is installed
on
| > your computer? Also you need software to watch a
Hollywood
| > DVD movie even if you have a DVD drive.
| >

| > --
| > some support
| > http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
| >

| > "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message

| > | When I want to watch a DVD on my computer, the
computer
| > doesnt see the DVD. I
| > | went to my computer and it doesnt see it either. Is
there
| > a way to get the
| > | disk running so the computer will see it? I have a
Vaio
| > labtop.
| > | Thanks

WinDVD is by Cyberlink Corp. Intervideo is another DVD movie viewing
software, usually free with commercial movie DVDs. Maybe the two installed
is what's causing the problem.
And DVD, like CD, devices need intermittent cleaning of the laser lense.
"Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a DVD RW Drive. I also have Intervideo windvd 5 to play the dvds. I
> know it can play them because ive done it before also. Before the computer
> would see every one of the dvds. Now about 85% of the dvds wont show up at
> all. So now I cant watch them.
> Thanks
>
> "Jim Macklin" wrote:
>
> > A CD drive will not see a DVD disk. What is installed on
> > your computer? Also you need software to watch a Hollywood
> > DVD movie even if you have a DVD drive.
> >

> > --
> > The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
> > But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
> > some support
> > http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
> >

> > "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > | When I want to watch a DVD on my computer, the computer
> > doesnt see the DVD. I
> > | went to my computer and it doesnt see it either. Is there
> > a way to get the
> > | disk running so the computer will see it? I have a Vaio
> > labtop.
> > | Thanks

Ill try
Thanks