terry

Everytime I turn on my computer and windows starts up. It tells me it cannot
find cfgmgr52.dll module. error loading it states. Our daughter opened a link
and just loaded it up with so many stubborn adware. That with norton I was
finally able to get rid of them. could i have done something help......

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Terry wrote:

> Everytime I turn on my computer and windows starts up. It tells me it cannot
> find cfgmgr52.dll module. error loading it states. Our daughter opened a link
> and just loaded it up with so many stubborn adware. That with norton I was
> finally able to get rid of them. could i have done something help......

This file is from malware. See this link:
http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/cfgmgr52/

Also: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cfgmgr52.dll&btnG=Google+Search

Waht happened was that you removed it but the reference for loading it
is still there. Click Start | Run | msconfig | Enter. On the startup
tab look for a reference to loading this module or anything you don't
recognize and uncheck it.

You'll need more than just Norton to remove malware. Run these programs
to check for spyware/malware. After installing update them, then boot
into safe mode and run them. You should update and run them weekly.

Cwshredder

Ad-aware SE
http://www.lavasoftusa.com

Spybot Search and Destroy
http://www.safer-networking.org

Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner
http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10247783.html

Pest Patrol Free Pest Scanner
http://store.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry25?page=FindOutWhosWatchingYou&client=ComputerAssociates&sid=35715

If you’re still having problems after running these then run HijackThis
and post the log to one of the specialty forums, _NOT_ this one.

HijackThis

Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

After your system is clean use these programs to help keep it clean:

Spywareblaster
www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

Spywareguard
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sgdownload.html