Max requirements, and still lag

I play a game called Warcraft III The Frozen Throne. And the recommended
system requires are-600MHZ CPU, 256MB RAM and a 3d video card with 32MB RAM.
My specs are as follows-800MHZ CPU, 384MB RAM, 64MB RAM 3d card.
However i still manage to run the game on the lowest setting with little to
no background aplications and periodicaly lag on lag numbers of game models.
Is there any explanation to this?
P.S. I run spyware and virus scans every week so this may not be the problem.
Thank you for your time.

I have this game as well, my specs are as follows

2 ghz athlon barton core
1gig ram
128mb Video card

When more than a few units are on screen lag is awful, I have seen it on
several systems and believe it is just Blizzards poor coding of the game.