i don't have the my recent documents option

hi, i have tried the getting the My Recent Documents tab on my Start list my
by going Taskbar/Start Menu>Properties> Start Menu> Customize>Advance but i
do not have the recent documents option at the bottom of the Advanced tab.
How do i get it? i did have it before i re-formatted my computer, did that
cause the problem?
HELP
1 answer Last reply
More about recent documents option

    XP Home or Pro?
    Stand-alone or in a domain?

    NoRecentDocsMenu - Policy
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/92853.asp

    Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

    Backup the key. Then, in the right-pane, delete the "NoRecentDocsMenu" value

    Repeat the same here (if required)

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "tammy koh" <tammykoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi, i have tried the getting the My Recent Documents tab on my Start list
    > my
    > by going Taskbar/Start Menu>Properties> Start Menu> Customize>Advance but
    > do not have the recent documents option at the bottom of the Advanced tab.
    > How do i get it? i did have it before i re-formatted my computer, did that
    > cause the problem?
    > HELP

Start Menu Microsoft Customization Windows XP