i don't have the my recent documents option

June 19, 2005 1:27:02 AM

hi, i have tried the getting the My Recent Documents tab on my Start list my
by going Taskbar/Start Menu>Properties> Start Menu> Customize>Advance but i
do not have the recent documents option at the bottom of the Advanced tab.
How do i get it? i did have it before i re-formatted my computer, did that
cause the problem?
HELP
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 2:59:36 PM

XP Home or Pro?
Stand-alone or in a domain?

NoRecentDocsMenu - Policy

Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Backup the key. Then, in the right-pane, delete the "NoRecentDocsMenu" value

Repeat the same here (if required)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting