RPC server unavailable

I'm trying to install a CAD program to windows XP and when it starts trying
to load installwizard it pops up and says "RPC server unavailable." I'm on a
single computer

"seamermaiden" <seamermaiden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to install a CAD program to windows XP and when it starts
trying
> to load installwizard it pops up and says "RPC server unavailable." I'm on
> single computer

If you don't get a better answer from an MVP ...

Googling suggested this....

Log in as Administrator.
Click Start, Settings, Control Panel.
Click Administrative Tools.
Click Services.
Double-click RPC.
In the Service window select Automatic Startup.
Restart the computer.