Status
Not open for further replies.

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
I am sure this question is asked all the time. My Laptop broke last night and since I no longer use a desktop that leaves me without a computer at home. Since I am posting this from work unfortunately I do not have enough time to search the forums so I apologize for the repeat topic.

Anyhow I am looking to buy a Laptop in the 1k-2k range. Perferably on the lower end but I want a good laptop. I like to play my games on the laptop. My previous laptop could play everything up to Crisis(not including crisis). The more recent games started taxing it. It was a Toshiba widescreen laptop.

I would prefer to stay away from widescreen if possible, while I like widescreen I hate the fact that I can not upgrade the graphic drivers outside of the manufacturer. However if the best laptop is widescreen I will still consider it.

Anyhow I was wondering if anyone had any Laptops they would recommend.

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
I am definitely looking at the Sager especially with the free 4gb upgrade. I am trying to decide one which parts i want tho. The 8800m GTX is a no brainer but if i get everything i want it is over my 2k budget but only by 200. I am sure i can bring that down somehow.

I am trying to decide between the 2.4 3mb cache processor and the 2.5 5mb cache. Would the 6mb cache make enough of a difference for the $80 increase?

Well i think u mean the T8300 2.4 with 3MB cache vs T9300 2.5 with 6MB cache, well the extra 100mhz wont make a noticeable difference
The cache doesnt make a noticeable difference either, maybe in very CPU intensive apps but in gaming and general use u wont notice the difference

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
Perfect. That cuts 80 off. Now to decide if i want to replace that 80 with a custom case. Some of their skins look just plain awesome.

dwellman

Splendid
Dec 14, 2002
Not entirely true. I've been using Omega drivers on my laptops for some time. . .

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
Yeah I used Omega Drivers for my ATI card but and I admit it had been a long time since I have had an ATI card, he had stopped production on NVIDIA drivers. Is he making drivers for NVIDIA cards again?

Also thanks to everyone for your help. I am going to order the SAGER NP5793 tonight.

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
So I ordered my Laptop last Thursday. Ordered one with the Nightmare Skin and Orange trim...hoping the orange will offset some of the darker color on the nightmare skin. Cost more than I wanted to spend but looks like it will be more than worth it.

Thanks for letting me know about the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS