Samsung LCD

RVJII

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
I've finally decided to upgrade to an LCD and really like the Samsung 214T. The specs look pretty good and I've had great luck with Samsung products to date. I can't find a whole lot of reviews so I am a bit leary. I do game but am not really into shooters, etc...more of a World of Warcraft player. Anyway, I'm guessing that I won't have any problems but hoped that I could get some feedback here.

Thanks for any input/advice!

deskbound

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2006
I just got a Samsung 913T. It cost about $300 at my local Sam's Club. I buy stuff there because they will take things back easily. The monitor looks good. I still struggle with the text being a bit blurry. perhaps my settings aren't right, but I've seen that complaint a lot with people making the transition from CRTs.

I havn't had the chance to play too much...I did a few minutes of DOD and it looked just as good as my CRT. I was surprised. Like I said before, I think my dissapointment lies with the basic text appearance. Oh, I tested a DVD (Star Wars Episode III) for a minute and it looked terrific.

I'm still using the VGA hookup. Maybe finally getting a DVI will help with the text. Any input from anyone on that?

I would recommend the monitor, though.

michaelst

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I've had the 214T for almost a year now and it's been perfect. everything looks great. I use the digital connection from my nVidia 6200OC. There is no burn-in, or shadowing. I would highly recommend it.