Start Menu closing too quickly

Whenever i click on the start menu and click on the all program to navigate,
it suddenly closes after a few seconds. Before this, whenever i left my
cursor hovering on the start menu then it stays open. Is there a setting in
the registry for this? I am thinking maybe some programs that i installed
change this setting. Or is it a power save feature of my laptop?
Please help

Change the Speed of the Start Menu

Start | Run | Type: regedit | OK

Navigate to >>>
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Control Panel \ Desktop \
Value Name: MenuShowDelay
Value Type: REG_DWORD
Value Data: 400
(0 is the fastest, 400 is default. These are all in milliseconds).

Log off, or restart Windows for the changes to take effect.

Or use TweakUI...

TweakUI
[+] Mouse

[[The Menu Speed slider control sets the speed at which cascading menus
automatically open when you move the mouse over them. The fastest setting
causes them to open immediately and the slowest setting is extraordinary
slow.]]
----

Download TweakUI here >>>

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP