new applications and speed

Why when new applications (games ...etc) are installed the performance of the
computer declines, Even though those programs are not running anywhere or
taking any RAM [until they are started]. Defragmentation helps but is not as
useful as reinstalling windows without those applications. Internet Explorer
also becomes slower, in loading, and in opening new links. My question is why
the computer becomes slower, when all installing an application does is
putting more data in C drive?

Malke

elburze wrote:
> Why when new applications (games ...etc) are installed the performance of the
> computer declines, Even though those programs are not running anywhere or
> taking any RAM [until they are started]. Defragmentation helps but is not as
> useful as reinstalling windows without those applications. Internet Explorer
> also becomes slower, in loading, and in opening new links. My question is why
> the computer becomes slower, when all installing an application does is
> putting more data in C drive?

Normally installing an application should not impact the performance of
the machine while those apps aren't running. However, you didn't give us
any information about your computer specs, your hard drive size and free
space, whether the machine is 100% virus and malware-free (and how you
determined that), whether this problem is new and if so what changed,
etc. etc. So we can't give you troubleshooting advice. Post back with
more information about your machine and the problem if you want focused
help.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Perhaps the "new application" contains spyware or trojan! That is MOST
frequent cause of the problem you describe.

elburze wrote:

> Why when new applications (games ...etc) are installed the performance of the
> computer declines, Even though those programs are not running anywhere or
> taking any RAM [until they are started]. Defragmentation helps but is not as
> useful as reinstalling windows without those applications. Internet Explorer
> also becomes slower, in loading, and in opening new links. My question is why
> the computer becomes slower, when all installing an application does is
> putting more data in C drive?

TRENDING THREADS