of corewars and singular events like the appearance of quickscanners,
silk-style papers, "Son of Vain", ... The idea was mentioned , that
theses events could be visible in graphic representations of the
development of the hills at koth.org

Unfortunately koth.org doesn't keep challenge-by-challenge results of
the development of its hill. Fortunately there are a lot of logs at
http://corewar.co.uk/logs.htm

I have taken the logs for the 94nop-hill and have written a little
Python-script (http://corewars.jgutzeit.de/temp/koth.txt), that
(crudely) analyses a beautified version of the 94nop-logs
(http://corewars.jgutzeit.de/temp/94nop.log.bz2).

Now there are some graphics:

average age over time: http://corewars.jgutzeit.de/temp/avgage.png
average score over time: http://corewars.jgutzeit.de/temp/score.png
max. score over time: http://corewars.jgutzeit.de/temp/maxscore.png

(I still don't have a proper homepage at corewars.jgutzeit.de, i.e. use
only these links. Everything else will fail.)

The values at the x-axis indicate the normal unix timestamp (i.e.
seconds sime Jan 1st, 1970).

There are still a lot of challenge results missing. If anyone has more
complete challenge-by-challenge logs of 94nop-hill, please let me know.
If you'd like, I'll post a list of the missing time periods.

- Jens Gutzeit

Archived from groups: rec.games.corewar (More info?)

Hi Jens,

That's a nice calculation. The average score over time looks very
interesting. I think another interesting calculation seems to me:
number of warriors at an age of 100+ over time. If the number quickly
drops possibly something happens, such as a new quickscanner or
something other. I also would expect an average number over the
complete time of approximately 8-10 and eveything below 4 seems
noticable (not counting right the beginning of the hill).

Christian