martinm

Distinguished
May 20, 2003
i need everybody's help regarding xbox and/or ps2. i am thinking of buying either one of the gaming system and i would just like to pick everybodys brain with regards to which is better than the other. i need the pro's and con's of both system. if somebody out there would help me asap i'd gladly appreciate it. thanks!

toxicogen

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2003
Now you know my bias:

The Xbox:

has superior hardware
has a HDD making it able to save games without memorysticks and save music to be used during games or downloadable content...
I definetly prefer the gamepads
has HALO
will have HALO2
has lots of other cool games
has really good sound quality (dolby 5.1)
works excellent as dvd player
most new games are available for both consoles, however microsoft issue some games only for the X-BOX (HALO, brute force, blinx,...)

And I think it looks far cooler than the PS2

The PS2 has more games, however as I said most new games are available for both consoles.

Now come and burn me people, I now there are some PS2 fanboys out there!!!

No, seriously I won't defend the X-BOX till death or anything near that, I just like my X-BOX (far more than my friends PS2). Oh and want as many other people as possible to get one so that there will be more and more games for it.

I don't have X-BOX live yet, I would really like to but you need a creditcard to get that and I don't have one. My girlfriend is really against credticards and I want to keep my girlfriend more than that I want X-BOX live!!

Hope I was helpful and not just some irritating fanboy.

If all else fails: Read The Manual

gothitbycar

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
If you didn't get it by now get the Xbox.

Just so many good games for Xbox and Xbox Live, graphics look a lot better than PS2, supports 1080i + 720p and 5.1 surround. I think it is just an all around better system than gamecube or ps2. I just recently got Project Gotham Racing 2 and the online mode and scoreboard is so addicting.

-----------------------
Add witty comment here and beat this bad boy...
A64 3200+ w/ 1 GB DDR 400
2 36 gig raptors in Raid 0 complemented by an AIW 9800 Pro

agent

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2002
Have you purchased one yet? I think it depends on your taste in games. Personally I love the gems on the PS2 more than the mainstream stuff. Games like R-Type Final, Gradius V, Ace Combat 4, Ratchet and Clank, Devil May Cry, Gitaroo Man, Jak and Dakster, Guilty Gear X2, ICO. My friend has a modded XBox and a ton of games but I just can't get into any of them like I do with my PS2 games.

The graphics are pretty close, there might be a little more slowdown on the PS2, but on the whole you can't tell the difference with the exception of certain games being cleaner on one system or the other.

Also, test the controllers for both systems at the local CompUSA. I have heard people preferring one or the other and it will have an impact on your overall gaming experience.

Always remember, you are unique...just like everyone else. :wink:

RichPLS

Champion
You can buy custom controllers for either model, so that should not be an issue.

You get more options and likewise more bang for the buck with XBOX...
But it is a personal preference, and the different games play a factor.
Generally the XBOX is geared for teens and up, while the PS2 is for teens and pre-teens, while the GameCube is for pre-teens and younger.
So, depending on your maturity level, the XBOX might not be for YOU!!!

========================
Try everything...
Do not be afraid of failure, for this is how we learn and grow...
Live life to the fullest...
Do not regret what you have not yet done!!!

agent

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2002
Actually I wouldn't say that the PS2 is for Pre-teens and Teens. The PS2 has such an extensive library that it has games for all ages. In fact some of the retro type games like R-Type Final, Gradius V, MegaMan Anniversary, and Contra SS will probably appeal to a much older audience that remembers that age of gaming. Even though Gradius V has updated graphics and sound the gameplay is still reminiscent of the Gradius NES games like Lifeforce. Teens weren't even born then. Of course there is also the Manhunt, Suffering, and GTA games too, but my interests are more along the lines of the former. Now if you are talking about Adult Entertainment type stuff then I wouldn't know about that but as far as range goes I think the PS2 has a broader library (not counting pirated stuff) that will appeal to most.

Always remember, you are unique...just like everyone else. :wink: