SB Audigy 5.1 no 5 channel

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Im running the card on the digital port out witch is where my speakers are hooked to. My speakers are the Creative Inspire 5.1 digital 5700. No matter what i set the speakers on, its only picking up 2 channels from the card when i do the test. What do i do? I have the latest drivers and such. The speakers play all 5 speakers on the up mix settings. I dont know why it would do this.

Edit: When i set my speakers to Dolby Pro logic, it gets all garbled and distorted. Its never done that before.

"If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a
wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by clob on 03/04/04 11:01 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Bump! 18 days later

wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Any one at all? No one can help me?

jclw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you're using the digital DIN connection on the 5700s to the digital output on the card?

*Dual PIII-800 @900 i440BX and Tualeron 1.2 @1.7 i815*

toxic

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2004
That's a good point.

He will need to do the following:

1) Connect digital out on the soundcard (3.5mm minijack) to the digital din input on the 5700's
2) Go to creative surround mixer (start-->programs-->creative-->sb audigy-->surround mixer) and activate digital output only. This is found if you click the red plus above the master volume slider all the way left in the surround mixer. Not doing this will only give you the sub/center channel which could explain the 2.1 sound
3) After this is done, do the speakertest also found in the surround mixer. (Switch to advanced mode button can be found all the way left at the bottom) Select 5.1 there and do the test. It should now be working.

Remember that playing a music file will normally give you sound in the front left/right and the subwoofer. Music is a stereo signal, not a 5.1 signal.

To get dolby digital when playing a dvd, do the following.
1) Go to audio hq in control panel. Turn off the ac3 decoder for the audigy by selecting spdif bypass in device controlls.

2) Also select spdif under audio options for your dvd software. (Most likely powerdvd or windvd)

That should be all the information you need when it comes to settings for this setup.