Network icons on XP

Hi,

I ahve Windows XP SP2, and I use broadband at home. However, my computer's
got in-built wireless LAN and normal LAN. I get two additional icons in my
status tray the Wireless/LAN connections, but neither are ever active. Is it
possible to get them not to appear?

I don't want to use the the "Hide Inactive Icons" property on the taskbarif
I can help it.

Thanks,
Alain

Alias

Start/Connect to/Show all connections. Right click on the offending
connections and untick where it says "Show icon ..."

Alias

"Alain Dekker" <abdekker@NOSPAM.fsmail.net> wrote

> Hi,
>
> I ahve Windows XP SP2, and I use broadband at home. However, my computer's
> got in-built wireless LAN and normal LAN. I get two additional icons in my
> status tray the Wireless/LAN connections, but neither are ever active. Is
> it possible to get them not to appear?
>
> I don't want to use the the "Hide Inactive Icons" property on the
> taskbarif I can help it.
>
> Thanks,
> Alain

TRENDING THREADS