Audio Device Not Installed After Clean Install of Windows ..

June 19, 2005 4:30:45 PM

I have been forced to perform clean install of Window XP due to a corruption
issue.

Everything worked well however I no longer have any Audio device installed.
Before the install sound worked fine.

I have no idea what brand / type of sound card I have however what ever it
is, Windows is not detecting it.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Chris
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 4:30:46 PM

Use Everest Home Edition to analyze/display internal components
of the PC. You'll either have a PCI add-in card or a Audio chip
based on the motherboard itself. Your vendor's web site should
have the latest driver/control software package for whichever is in
your computer.
Latest Everest Home Edition found here:
http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang...