Error when Starting Game

I'm getting this error with a newly installed game when I try and start it.
I've reinstalled 2 times... I have a new computer Athlon 3000+ 2.1 GHZ 522
RAM 64 Bit Video... The error is: [Direct3D Error] [CreateDevice Failed]

I need help!!! Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about error starting game

    Jeremiah,

    Could you reply with a copy of your DXDiag report. This will help us to see
    what hardware and drivers you have installed.

    To reply with a dxdiag text:
    Click on Start -> Run and type 'dxdiag' in the run box, then click 'Ok'.
    When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window appears you will see tabs across the
    top click each tab and run the diagnostic tests on each. Then click the
    'Save All Information' button, which will create a text file on your system
    where you specify, as in My Documents or Desktop. Open that text file, copy
    the contents and paste it to a reply.
    --
    Thanks,
    Nick Kritselis [MS]

    "Jeremiah" <Jeremiah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm getting this error with a newly installed game when I try and start
    > it.
    > I've reinstalled 2 times... I have a new computer Athlon 3000+ 2.1 GHZ
    > 522
    > RAM 64 Bit Video... The error is: [Direct3D Error] [CreateDevice Failed]
    >
    > I need help!!! Thanks

    Newer games will require you to have the latest drivers for your video card.
    Download and install those first and then try downloading directx 9c again.
    This usually clears up 90% of problems.

Games Microsoft Video Games