DCB_AU

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2002
I want to burn a old game - Rogue Spear, before it fails as it is scratched but still OK.

If you want to burn a game without using the copy CD option, what type of burning method should you use - there's at least four different burn methods eg, multi session, disc at once, etc. (Rogue Spear contains video, music and data)

What other custom settings/options would you use?

Thanks,

<font color=red>DCB</font color=red><font color=white>_</font color=white><font color=blue>AU</font color=blue>

andosmaximus

Distinguished
May 8, 2003
Is the disc itself multisession? thats usually quite rare for game CD's, and most game cds contain all these types of files these days...

safest bet in any case would be to use somthing like Clone CD or Alcohol 120% to make an image of the CD on your hard drive. Then burn the image onto CD using track or disc at once (doens't really matter).

This way any potential errors will be spotted when you make the image file, before you burn a coaster :lol: !

Be aware that whatever copy protection is on the Rogue Spear CD may not work with the copy, so you may have to get a "NO-CD" or "Backup CD" crack! Somewhere like www.gamecopyworld.com might help you in that respect.

Accept that some days you are a pidgeon and some days you are a statue....

DCB_AU

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2002
I don't know what type of burn format they use.

I assume it's a combination of all.

Is there a special type of format that games use?

There should be no copy protection on the CD as it was produced in 98 - 99.

<font color=red>DCB</font color=red><font color=white>_</font color=white><font color=blue>AU</font color=blue>

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
alcohol is no joke... thing rips fast and works great.. alcohol would be my choice.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
200gb WD 8mb cache..
Lian-Li PC-60
LiteOn 52X/LiteOn 811s DVD-RW
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GF4Ti4200 128mb
Hitachi CML174
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200