Sign in with
Your question

Unknown numbers on mobile phone

Last response: in General Connectivity
April 8, 2010 12:43:57 PM

Hello,
im getting phonecalls from unknown numbers,when it first happened i answered the phonecall and said hello but there was no sound there at all, after that i got more phonecalls about 3 to 4 times a day (everyday) i just ignore them and hope they get bored but they keep doing it what should i do ???
April 17, 2010 8:25:54 PM

Looks like some tele marketers have got your number. If you have to say "hello" more than once, it usually means that it is an automated computer generated call with an automated message.

Somewhere, I read that in such a case, rapidly hitting the # key on the phone keypad will make the computer "think" that something went wrong with the number, like inactive, and will program itself to stop calling that particular number.

I do this, but have no verification whether it works or not.

Hope this stops your unwanted calls.
m
l
April 19, 2010 6:21:54 AM

I was called by the unknown number too, but it usually hung off before I answered.By the way, did it cost me if I answered this call?
m
l
April 19, 2010 1:58:45 PM

urisjerry said:
I was called by the unknown number too, but it usually hung off before I answered.By the way, did it cost me if I answered this call?

Depends on your service contract. Does your service contract include charges for incoming calls? Air time?
m
l
!