Jumping Windows

June 19, 2005 10:25:01 AM

I recently reinstalled Windows XP after some files became corrupted.
Everything works OK, but when I drag a window or when I am scrolling with the
wheel mouse, the screen jumps around and appears to repaint itself with every
jump. I am used to these operations working smoothly. What can I do?

More about : jumping windows

June 19, 2005 1:48:22 PM

Befuddled Bruce wrote:

> I recently reinstalled Windows XP after some files became corrupted.
> Everything works OK, but when I drag a window or when I am scrolling with the
> wheel mouse, the screen jumps around and appears to repaint itself with every
> jump. I am used to these operations working smoothly. What can I do?

Uninstall the video card driver's and reinstall updated ones for XP.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Befuddled Bruce wrote:
> I recently reinstalled Windows XP after some files became corrupted.
> Everything works OK, but when I drag a window or when I am scrolling with the
> wheel mouse, the screen jumps around and appears to repaint itself with every
> jump. I am used to these operations working smoothly. What can I do?

Download and install the most recent drivers for your video card. Get
the drivers from either the device mftr.'s website OR if you have an OEM
machine (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.) from the OEM's site for your specific
model machine.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Seems you have problems with your video card.Check it-reinstall/update
the video driver.If it doesn't help then you have to replace it.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

!