Jumping Windows

I recently reinstalled Windows XP after some files became corrupted.
Everything works OK, but when I drag a window or when I am scrolling with the
wheel mouse, the screen jumps around and appears to repaint itself with every
jump. I am used to these operations working smoothly. What can I do?
3 answers Last reply
More about jumping windows

    Befuddled Bruce wrote:

    > I recently reinstalled Windows XP after some files became corrupted.
    > Everything works OK, but when I drag a window or when I am scrolling with the
    > wheel mouse, the screen jumps around and appears to repaint itself with every
    > jump. I am used to these operations working smoothly. What can I do?

    Uninstall the video card driver's and reinstall updated ones for XP.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Befuddled Bruce wrote:
    > I recently reinstalled Windows XP after some files became corrupted.
    > Everything works OK, but when I drag a window or when I am scrolling with the
    > wheel mouse, the screen jumps around and appears to repaint itself with every
    > jump. I am used to these operations working smoothly. What can I do?

    Download and install the most recent drivers for your video card. Get
    the drivers from either the device mftr.'s website OR if you have an OEM
    machine (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.) from the OEM's site for your specific
    model machine.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Seems you have problems with your video card.Check it-reinstall/update
    the video driver.If it doesn't help then you have to replace it.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Befuddled Bruce wrote:
    > I recently reinstalled Windows XP after some files became corrupted.
    > Everything works OK, but when I drag a window or when I am scrolling with the
    > wheel mouse, the screen jumps around and appears to repaint itself with every
    > jump. I am used to these operations working smoothly. What can I do?

Microsoft Windows XP