CD-ROM Problems

When I have a multiple dick installation - when asked to insert the second CD
- the application doesn't recognize the second CD. If I use explorer and
examine the drive - it still indicates the first cd is installed - the same
files are present.

Any suggestions?

WinXP SP2 1024mb GeForce 6800 GT, Pioneer A03, Iomega Super DVD, Sony
CD-RW-DVD Rom, 4 H/D total 280Gb. Using Belkin ATA - raid controller.

TIA,
EdC
4 answers Last reply
More about problems

    Yes,
    Please check your spelling before you post. :o
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    Either open windows explorer after you've injected the 2nd CD and select
    "refresh" with a right-click on the drive letter for that device. Or, maybe
    this might work, be sure auto-insert notification is enabled for that
    particular device. During installation, some CD/DVD writing software
    disables auto-insert notification for all CD/DVD devices, even if they
    aren't capable of writing.

    "EdC" <EdC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I have a multiple dick installation - when asked to insert the second
    CD
    > - the application doesn't recognize the second CD. If I use explorer and
    > examine the drive - it still indicates the first cd is installed - the
    same
    > files are present.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > WinXP SP2 1024mb GeForce 6800 GT, Pioneer A03, Iomega Super DVD, Sony
    > CD-RW-DVD Rom, 4 H/D total 280Gb. Using Belkin ATA - raid controller.
    >
    > TIA,
    > EdC

    First install a Spellchecker or read your post before sending. LOL

    Second which program is it that you are trying to install

    --
    Peter

    "EdC" <EdC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B1E4F07-1D55-4D7A-BEBA-CE99187F222A@microsoft.com...
    > When I have a multiple dick installation - when asked to insert the second CD
    > - the application doesn't recognize the second CD. If I use explorer and
    > examine the drive - it still indicates the first cd is installed - the same
    > files are present.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > WinXP SP2 1024mb GeForce 6800 GT, Pioneer A03, Iomega Super DVD, Sony
    > CD-RW-DVD Rom, 4 H/D total 280Gb. Using Belkin ATA - raid controller.
    >
    > TIA,
    > EdC

    I'm re-installing Doom3 right at this moment. (Spellchecker would not have
    caught the oops!!) I noticed it after it was posted. It doesn't seem to be
    related to a specific application - it's like the cache is not cleared or the
    second CD is not read???

    Thanks - I'll waatch the grammar more closely.

    Ed

    "Peter Foldes" wrote:

    > First install a Spellchecker or read your post before sending. LOL
    >
    > Second which program is it that you are trying to install
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    > "EdC" <EdC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B1E4F07-1D55-4D7A-BEBA-CE99187F222A@microsoft.com...
    > > When I have a multiple dick installation - when asked to insert the second CD
    > > - the application doesn't recognize the second CD. If I use explorer and
    > > examine the drive - it still indicates the first cd is installed - the same
    > > files are present.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions?
    > >
    > > WinXP SP2 1024mb GeForce 6800 GT, Pioneer A03, Iomega Super DVD, Sony
    > > CD-RW-DVD Rom, 4 H/D total 280Gb. Using Belkin ATA - raid controller.
    > >
    > > TIA,
    > > EdC

CD-Rom Windows XP