picture

Hi, In the start menu on top, i use to have a favorite picture beside my name
now its gone now,how i get it back?...Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about picture

    Hello,

    Go to control panel >> user accounts (if you are using classic mode), then
    click on your account name and you will see change my picture.
    Just click on that

    If you are using category view, go to user accounts >> user accounts and
    follow the above steps to get the picture back.

    --
    Kelvin Lin

    "Kelvin Lin" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Go to control panel >> user accounts (if you are using classic mode), then
    > click on your account name and you will see change my picture.
    > Just click on that
    >
    > If you are using category view, go to user accounts >> user accounts and
    > follow the above steps to get the picture back.
    >

    > --
    > Kelvin Lin
    >
    > "Gus" <Gus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi, In the start menu on top, i use to have a favorite picture beside my
    > > name
    > > now its gone now,how i get it back?...Thanks
    >

    > The picture goes in the welcome screen not in the start menu along with my name

    Hi,

    If you are using non-classic interface for WindowsXP, the steps I used will
    put your favourite picture on welcome screen as well as in the startmenu.
    Just make sure you are not using non-classic interface.

    --

    "Kelvin Lin" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > If you are using non-classic interface for WindowsXP, the steps I used will
    > put your favourite picture on welcome screen as well as in the startmenu.
    > Just make sure you are not using non-classic interface.
    >

    > --
    > Kelvin Lin
    >

    > "Gus" <Gus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > > "Kelvin Lin" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hello,
    > >>
    > >> Go to control panel >> user accounts (if you are using classic mode),
    > >> then
    > >> click on your account name and you will see change my picture.
    > >> Just click on that
    > >>
    > >> If you are using category view, go to user accounts >> user accounts and
    > >> follow the above steps to get the picture back.
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >> Kelvin Lin
    > >>
    > >> "Gus" <Gus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >>

    > >> The picture goes in the welcome screen not in the start menu along with
    > >> my name
    >

    > I'am not using the classic start menu that's what you meant by classic interface ?and no picture....Thanks

    Hi,

    Maybe, try reverse the steps provided at following website
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/removepicture.htm

    Class interface means overall interface without default windowsXP glassy
    menu.
    It's pretty much like menu back in WinME and 2000.

    Hope it can help you

    --

    "Kelvin Lin" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Maybe, try reverse the steps provided at following website
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/removepicture.htm
    >
    > Class interface means overall interface without default windowsXP glassy
    > menu.

    I found my problem!!! The reason is: I don't have the picture in the start
    menu is because my welcome screen is off!!!.....Thanks for your help
    > It's pretty much like menu back in WinME and 2000.
    >
    > Hope it can help you
    >
    > --
    > Kelvin Lin
    >

    > "Gus" <Gus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > > "Kelvin Lin" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> If you are using non-classic interface for WindowsXP, the steps I used
    > >> will
    > >> put your favourite picture on welcome screen as well as in the startmenu.
    > >> Just make sure you are not using non-classic interface.
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >> Kelvin Lin
    > >>

    > >> "Gus" <Gus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > >> I'am not using the classic start menu that's what you meant by classic
    > >> interface ?and no picture....Thanks

Start Menu Microsoft Windows XP