Error Messages on Boot-up

June 19, 2005 11:57:02 AM

Server Extensions Configuration Wizard
"The configuration Wizard was not able to find the path directory and cannot
proceed. Please reinstall the server Extensions"

Microsoft Server Extensions
"Unable to access configuration for Microsoft personal Web Server"

Could anyone please tell me what these two messages are all about and how I
can get rid of them. Them come up every time I boot-up.

I don't have (nor do I want) a web site.

Recently because of other problems with this relatively new hp pavilion; The
hp folks had me do a partial recovery. I believe I reloaded most of what I
lost with the recovery..
The computer seems to be working ok otherwise. I am going through a router
and cable modem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated
F. Back
--
Jim Back

More about : error messages boot

Anonymous
June 19, 2005 3:07:29 PM

Do you have Front Page installed?

--
Peter

"Jim back" <Jimback@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C2F79BE-2B16-48C0-BB77-E1E73FCC0FE5@microsoft.com...
> Server Extensions Configuration Wizard
> "The configuration Wizard was not able to find the path directory and cannot
> proceed. Please reinstall the server Extensions"
>
> Microsoft Server Extensions
> "Unable to access configuration for Microsoft personal Web Server"
>
> Could anyone please tell me what these two messages are all about and how I
> can get rid of them. Them come up every time I boot-up.
>
> I don't have (nor do I want) a web site.
>
> Recently because of other problems with this relatively new hp pavilion; The
> hp folks had me do a partial recovery. I believe I reloaded most of what I
> lost with the recovery..
> The computer seems to be working ok otherwise. I am going through a router
> and cable modem.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated
> F. Back
> --
> Jim Back
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 3:33:01 PM

No, I don't have "Microsoft Front page" installed (or at least I can't find
it in the Add/delete program list, Also I can't find anything that looks like
it in the startup files.
It is listed on the hard disc under programs, But he wont let me delete
it. Says "Access Denied"
I think I all kinds of parts of Microsoft "office" and I don't think I want
any of it. but can't seem to get rid of it.
Thank you.
Jim
--
Jim Back

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Do you have Front Page installed?
>
> --
> Peter

> "Jim back" <Jimback@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C2F79BE-2B16-48C0-BB77-E1E73FCC0FE5@microsoft.com...
> > Server Extensions Configuration Wizard
> > "The configuration Wizard was not able to find the path directory and cannot
> > proceed. Please reinstall the server Extensions"
> >
> > Microsoft Server Extensions
> > "Unable to access configuration for Microsoft personal Web Server"
> >
> > Could anyone please tell me what these two messages are all about and how I
> > can get rid of them. Them come up every time I boot-up.
> >
> > I don't have (nor do I want) a web site.
> >
> > Recently because of other problems with this relatively new hp pavilion; The
> > hp folks had me do a partial recovery. I believe I reloaded most of what I
> > lost with the recovery..
> > The computer seems to be working ok otherwise. I am going through a router
> > and cable modem.
> >
> > Any help will be greatly appreciated
> > F. Back
> > --