Error Messages on Boot-up

Server Extensions Configuration Wizard
"The configuration Wizard was not able to find the path directory and cannot
proceed. Please reinstall the server Extensions"

Microsoft Server Extensions
"Unable to access configuration for Microsoft personal Web Server"

Could anyone please tell me what these two messages are all about and how I
can get rid of them. Them come up every time I boot-up.

I don't have (nor do I want) a web site.

Recently because of other problems with this relatively new hp pavilion; The
hp folks had me do a partial recovery. I believe I reloaded most of what I
lost with the recovery..
The computer seems to be working ok otherwise. I am going through a router
and cable modem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated
F. Back
--
Jim Back
3 answers Last reply

    Do you have Front Page installed?

    --
    Peter

    "Jim back" <Jimback@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C2F79BE-2B16-48C0-BB77-E1E73FCC0FE5@microsoft.com...
    > Server Extensions Configuration Wizard
    > "The configuration Wizard was not able to find the path directory and cannot
    > proceed. Please reinstall the server Extensions"
    >
    > Microsoft Server Extensions
    > "Unable to access configuration for Microsoft personal Web Server"
    >
    > Could anyone please tell me what these two messages are all about and how I
    > can get rid of them. Them come up every time I boot-up.
    >
    > I don't have (nor do I want) a web site.
    >
    > Recently because of other problems with this relatively new hp pavilion; The
    > hp folks had me do a partial recovery. I believe I reloaded most of what I
    > lost with the recovery..
    > The computer seems to be working ok otherwise. I am going through a router
    > and cable modem.
    >
    > Any help will be greatly appreciated
    > F. Back
    > --
    > Jim Back

    No, I don't have "Microsoft Front page" installed (or at least I can't find
    it in the Add/delete program list, Also I can't find anything that looks like
    it in the startup files.
    It is listed on the hard disc under programs, But he wont let me delete
    it. Says "Access Denied"
    I think I all kinds of parts of Microsoft "office" and I don't think I want
    any of it. but can't seem to get rid of it.
    Thank you.
    Jim
    --
    Jim Back

    "Peter Foldes" wrote:

    > Do you have Front Page installed?
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    > "Jim back" <Jimback@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C2F79BE-2B16-48C0-BB77-E1E73FCC0FE5@microsoft.com...
    > > Server Extensions Configuration Wizard
    > > "The configuration Wizard was not able to find the path directory and cannot
    > > proceed. Please reinstall the server Extensions"
    > >
    > > Microsoft Server Extensions
    > > "Unable to access configuration for Microsoft personal Web Server"
    > >
    > > Could anyone please tell me what these two messages are all about and how I
    > > can get rid of them. Them come up every time I boot-up.
    > >
    > > I don't have (nor do I want) a web site.
    > >
    > > Recently because of other problems with this relatively new hp pavilion; The
    > > hp folks had me do a partial recovery. I believe I reloaded most of what I
    > > lost with the recovery..
    > > The computer seems to be working ok otherwise. I am going through a router
    > > and cable modem.
    > >
    > > Any help will be greatly appreciated
    > > F. Back
    > > --
    > > Jim Back

    Check it here:-
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q302780

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Jim back wrote:

    > Server Extensions Configuration Wizard
    > "The configuration Wizard was not able to find the path directory and cannot
    > proceed. Please reinstall the server Extensions"
    >
    > Microsoft Server Extensions
    > "Unable to access configuration for Microsoft personal Web Server"
    >
    > Could anyone please tell me what these two messages are all about and how I
    > can get rid of them. Them come up every time I boot-up.
    >
    > I don't have (nor do I want) a web site.
    >
    > Recently because of other problems with this relatively new hp pavilion; The
    > hp folks had me do a partial recovery. I believe I reloaded most of what I
    > lost with the recovery..
    > The computer seems to be working ok otherwise. I am going through a router
    > and cable modem.
    >
    > Any help will be greatly appreciated
    > F. Back

Configuration Microsoft Extension Servers Windows XP