How Restore Recycle Bin?

I, by accident, deleted the Recycle Bin icon and can't seem to find the
"program" from which to restore the icon.

I've looked everywhere I could think of.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

dwdruley wrote:
> I, by accident, deleted the Recycle Bin icon and can't seem to find the
> "program" from which to restore the icon.
>
> I've looked everywhere I could think of.
>
> Help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Try running the edit on Kelly's site, line 64, "Replace/Repair the
Recycle Bin in Windows XP" at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

See the top of the page for info on running the edit.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Seems to require an HTML reader. If I’m correct. Could you give me a link to
one?

"Rock" wrote:

> dwdruley wrote:
> > I, by accident, deleted the Recycle Bin icon and can't seem to find the
> > "program" from which to restore the icon.
> >
> > I've looked everywhere I could think of.
> >
> > Help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Try running the edit on Kelly's site, line 64, "Replace/Repair the
> Recycle Bin in Windows XP" at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>
> See the top of the page for info on running the edit.
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Go to Start | Run | notepad | OK. There is your HTML reader. Use file of
type All Types when opening the HTML. It doesn't have colored highlighting
or intellisense but does what it needs to do. Without formatting very
important.

--
George Hester
_______________________________
"dwdruley" <dwdruley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Seems to require an HTML reader. If I’m correct. Could you give me a link
> one?
>
> "Rock" wrote:
>
> > dwdruley wrote:
> > > I, by accident, deleted the Recycle Bin icon and can't seem to find
the
> > > "program" from which to restore the icon.
> > >
> > > I've looked everywhere I could think of.
> > >
> > > Help would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > Try running the edit on Kelly's site, line 64, "Replace/Repair the
> > Recycle Bin in Windows XP" at
> >
> > See the top of the page for info on running the edit.
> >
> > --
> > Rock
> > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Hi,

Right click on your windows explorer, and click explore all users.
You will see the recycle bin at the bottom of the explorer.

Just restore the icon that you have deleted or drag and drop the bin into
your desktop.

--
Kelvin Lin

> I, by accident, deleted the Recycle Bin icon and can't seem to find the
> "program" from which to restore the icon.
>
> I've looked everywhere I could think of.
>
> Help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

That's a nice one. Right-click say Create Shortcut. It will automatically
go to the desktop.

--
George Hester