How Restore Recycle Bin?

I, by accident, deleted the Recycle Bin icon and can't seem to find the
"program" from which to restore the icon.

I've looked everywhere I could think of.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about restore recycle

    dwdruley wrote:
    > I, by accident, deleted the Recycle Bin icon and can't seem to find the
    > "program" from which to restore the icon.
    >
    > I've looked everywhere I could think of.
    >
    > Help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    Try running the edit on Kelly's site, line 64, "Replace/Repair the
    Recycle Bin in Windows XP" at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

    See the top of the page for info on running the edit.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Seems to require an HTML reader. If I’m correct. Could you give me a link to
    one?

    "Rock" wrote:

    > dwdruley wrote:
    > > I, by accident, deleted the Recycle Bin icon and can't seem to find the
    > > "program" from which to restore the icon.
    > >
    > > I've looked everywhere I could think of.
    > >
    > > Help would be appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    >
    > Try running the edit on Kelly's site, line 64, "Replace/Repair the
    > Recycle Bin in Windows XP" at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
    >
    > See the top of the page for info on running the edit.
    >
    > --
    > Rock
    > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Go to Start | Run | notepad | OK. There is your HTML reader. Use file of
    type All Types when opening the HTML. It doesn't have colored highlighting
    or intellisense but does what it needs to do. Without formatting very
    important.

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________
    "dwdruley" <dwdruley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Seems to require an HTML reader. If I’m correct. Could you give me a link
    > one?
    >
    > "Rock" wrote:
    >
    > > dwdruley wrote:
    > > > I, by accident, deleted the Recycle Bin icon and can't seem to find
    the
    > > > "program" from which to restore the icon.
    > > >
    > > > I've looked everywhere I could think of.
    > > >
    > > > Help would be appreciated.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Try running the edit on Kelly's site, line 64, "Replace/Repair the
    > > Recycle Bin in Windows XP" at
    > >
    > > See the top of the page for info on running the edit.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Rock
    > > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Hi,

    Right click on your windows explorer, and click explore all users.
    You will see the recycle bin at the bottom of the explorer.

    Just restore the icon that you have deleted or drag and drop the bin into
    your desktop.

    --
    Kelvin Lin

    > I, by accident, deleted the Recycle Bin icon and can't seem to find the
    > "program" from which to restore the icon.
    >
    > I've looked everywhere I could think of.
    >
    > Help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    That's a nice one. Right-click say Create Shortcut. It will automatically
    go to the desktop.

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________
    "Kelvin Lin" <me@webgururox.info> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Right click on your windows explorer, and click explore all users.
    > You will see the recycle bin at the bottom of the explorer.
    >
    > Just restore the icon that you have deleted or drag and drop the bin into
    > your desktop.
    >
    > --
    > Kelvin Lin
    >
    > "dwdruley" <dwdruley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I, by accident, deleted the Recycle Bin icon and can't seem to find the
    > > "program" from which to restore the icon.
    > >
    > > I've looked everywhere I could think of.
    > >
    > > Help would be appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks

Microsoft Windows XP