Windows update question

hello,

the windows tab on the system properties dialog box is grayed out and i
don't see any option to turn it back on. can someone tell me how to turn
this feature back on?

thank you.
--
Indera
* * * * * * * * * *

    Hi,

    I don't know of any "Windows" tab in system properties. Could you please
    elaborate as to exactly where you are going and looking at this?

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
    > hello,
    >
    > the windows tab on the system properties dialog box is grayed out and i
    > don't see any option to turn it back on. can someone tell me how to turn
    > this feature back on?
    >
    > thank you.
    > --
    > Indera
    > * * * * * * * * * *
    > Don't just live life.
    > Live life well.

    (Have you been saving up all these recent posts, Indera? <w>)

    The Automatic Updates tab?

    Windows Update Greyed Out - Restore (Line 179, Right)
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Dr. Indera wrote:
    > hello,
    >
    > the windows tab on the system properties dialog box is grayed out and i
    > don't see any option to turn it back on. can someone tell me how to turn
    > this feature back on?
    >
    > thank you.

    hi rick,

    oops. i meant the "automatic updates" tab on the system properties dialog
    box.
    i'm sorry for the confusion.

    --
    Indera
    * * * * * * * * * *

    : Hi,
    :
    : I don't know of any "Windows" tab in system properties. Could you please
    : elaborate as to exactly where you are going and looking at this?
    :
    : --
    : Best of Luck,
    :
    : Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    : http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    : Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
    : www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    : Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    :
    : "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
    : news:eBKuSaPdFHA.892@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    : > hello,
    : >
    : > the windows tab on the system properties dialog box is grayed out and i
    : > don't see any option to turn it back on. can someone tell me how to turn
    : > this feature back on?
    : >
    : > thank you.
    : > --
    : > Indera
    : > * * * * * * * * * *
    : > Don't just live life.
    : > Live life well.
    : >
    : >
    : >
    :
    :

    hi pa bear,

    yes, sort of.
    i keep a journal of computer things that i can't figure out. i've tackled
    most of the outlook express issues, so now, i'm taking on windows xp
    <smile>.
    yep, that's the tab i meant.

    --
    Indera
    * * * * * * * * * *

    : (Have you been saving up all these recent posts, Indera? <w>)
    :
    : The Automatic Updates tab?
    :
    : Windows Update Greyed Out - Restore (Line 179, Right)
    : http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
    : --
    : ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    : MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    :
    : Dr. Indera wrote:
    : > hello,
    : >
    : > the windows tab on the system properties dialog box is grayed out and i
    : > don't see any option to turn it back on. can someone tell me how to turn
    : > this feature back on?
    : >
    : > thank you.

Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP