Have you tried:Viewsonic VX922 or Samsung 930BF?

Talon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
Trying to decide between these two monitors, have read all reviews I could find on both but don't want to drop the $ unless I'm dang sure its the right choice. I would go for the 940BF but its hard to find and samsung site says its 5:4 and I wanted regular ratio of 4:3. So anyone who has tried either of these have any input? Would be great if you've tried both in fact although thats unlikely. Thanks for any input.

Arucard

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Haven't tried either, but from what I understand, the difference you'll find is that the Samsung is a god all-rounder, and the Viewsonic is a blazingly fast games monitor, but shiat for watching movies, and not great for graphics work.

Personally, I'm buying a AU$5600 system, and I'm ging for the ViewSonic VP930, DESPITE the fact that I had a really bad experience with a ViewSonic 19"CRT. It was considered best in all the reviews I read, but it turned out the Australian model doesn't have a purity control, so I have three magnets stuck to my monitor to try and get a decent picture.

Anyway, that's off the track. I think, ask yourself what you're using it for, look at the downfalls of each, and ask yourself which would be easier t live with?