Tags:
  • DVD Writers
  • Computers
  • Music
  • CD-Rom
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
March 9, 2004 2:18:34 AM

I burned several CDs, some of the music ones would only play on my house sterio, and others would only play on my car sterio and some would play on both, now none play on my car sterio, I get "error" in the window where it usely says the track number or seconds into song. I also burned data CDs. And I have 3 computers. I went to get a program that I had downloaded and saved to CD, and my cd-rom wouldtn't read it. I tried my other two computers an only one would read the CD, Anyone have any Idea, whats up with that? Could it be IDE or ATAPI types of cd-roms you know being different. Thanks C.V.

More about : access burned cds

March 9, 2004 4:51:52 AM

What kinda discs you using? Quality or donkey poo?

-----
Wanted: Wet Nurse needed for 25 yr old male. Payment in bed credits.
March 9, 2004 5:34:03 PM

The problem is probably in your choice of CD-Rs.

Different drives tend to be finicky about which CD-Rs they will read. If a certain brand gives you trouble, try another.

Example - Memorex CD-Rs are decent quality, but my car CD player has trouble with them, but not with TDK CD-Rs. Go figure.

Another question - What program are you using to burn? Win XP, for example, is terrible at burning data discs - I get unreasonably long access and data transfer times with CD-Rs burned with it. The same brand of disc burned with Nero works perfectly.

Another option - try reducing the speed at which you burn, and make sure that you are not burning faster than the disc is rated for.

<b>1.4 Ghz AMD T-Bird underclocked to 1 Ghz...just to be safe!</b>
March 12, 2004 12:08:27 AM

TDK are one of the best.

Don't try to save money with "ELCHEAPO" CD's.

<font color=red>DCB</font color=red><font color=white>_</font color=white><font color=blue>AU</font color=blue>
!