Sign in with
Your question

Ati display driver not responding windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
August 17, 2012 10:34:20 AM

After uninstalling and attempting to reinstall my ATI Radeon HD 3450 AGP display driver I still only have the standart VGA display driver in my device manager. I tried to install my original drivers several times with no solution and even tried downloading the latest drivers from amd.com but nothing was solved. It all started because of a minor taskbar bug (taskbar ignored mouse until ctrl+alt+del was pressed) and on most forums I found posts saying that its the display driwer fault. It isnt. I still have the bug even though I have the basic driver.
Eventually I d get over the bug but without the correct driver my video card is practically useless. Is there a way to fix this without having to reinstall the vhole system?
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
August 17, 2012 7:53:06 PM

Reinstalling the whole system wouldn't help with installing a video driver. You may have to clean out all traces of the driver and reset the bios to install it again.
Her' what you can do , go to control panel and uninstall everything that has to do with the video card and driver. Then go to device manager and remove/uninstall the video card and then shut down the computer , unplug the power supply from the wall and remove the videocard , then remove the cmos battery and push the start button for 10 sec to release the voltage stored in the caps.
Then replace the battery and insert the video card into the slot and plug in the pwer supply and turn on the computer. Then try to install the drivers , if you have the orginal install cd it would be best to use that first and then update the drivers after.
See if that procedure works for you.
August 17, 2012 7:55:17 PM

Couldn't OP use Driver Sweeper to get rid of the older drivers rather than go all over Windows to uninstall the drivers?
Related resources
!