Startup Problem

June 19, 2005 8:40:03 PM

My neighbpr'd laptop running WinP Home suddenly comes up with just the
wallpaper background - no icons, no Start button, etc. I had him boot in
Safe mode and he says that he saw the icons for a second and then ended up
with just the wallpaper?

Any suggestions on how to go about debugging this?

Wayne

More about : startup problem

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:08:40 AM

Taskbar Is Missing When You Log On to Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q318027

Restore Desktop Icons and Taskbar
line 195 right

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Wayne Wengert wrote:

> My neighbpr'd laptop running WinP Home suddenly comes up with just the
> wallpaper background - no icons, no Start button, etc. I had him boot in
> Safe mode and he says that he saw the icons for a second and then ended up
> with just the wallpaper?
>
> Any suggestions on how to go about debugging this?
>
> Wayne

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:08:41 AM

Thanks for the response but those registry settings were all OK.

Wayne

!