floppy disk override!

I seem to have trouble with override to my floppy,,in MicrosoftMoney!
Iknow this sounds like a basic problem,,but could something be wrong with my
floppy drive?
someone help!!i have Windows XP OPsystem,,,
7 answers Last reply
More about floppy disk override

    In news:2F31FC0A-9527-4398-AC15-D754113CA665@microsoft.com,
    D. <D.@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > I seem to have trouble with override to my floppy,,in
    > MicrosoftMoney!
    > Iknow this sounds like a basic problem,,but could something be
    > wrong
    > with my floppy drive?
    > someone help!!i have Windows XP OPsystem,,,

    Please help us to help you. What does "override to my floppy"
    mean? If you get an error message, please quote it verbatim

    For information on how to make a good newsgroup posting, read
    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    In news:DA71C6F8-237E-428A-960E-AEB9201CBFEA@microsoft.com,
    D. <D@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > "Ken Blake" wrote:
    >
    >> In news:2F31FC0A-9527-4398-AC15-D754113CA665@microsoft.com,
    >> D. <D.@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    >>
    >>> I seem to have trouble with override to my floppy,,in
    >>> MicrosoftMoney!
    >>> Iknow this sounds like a basic problem,,but could something
    >>> be
    >>> wrong
    >>> with my floppy drive?
    >>> someone help!!i have Windows XP OPsystem,,,
    >>

    >> Please help us to help you. What does "override to my floppy"
    >> mean? If you get an error message, please quote it verbatim
    >>
    >> For information on how to make a good newsgroup posting, read
    >> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>

    >> --
    >> Please reply to the newsgroup
    >>

    >> ok,,sorry about the misunderstanding,,,when saving my money
    >> file
    >> ,and backing it up to a floppy disk,,,i need to delte disk
    >> first,,,when i know i simply saved to the same disks,as
    >> before,,where i simply clicked to save to floppy,,,and it
    >> overrode
    >> previous saved file!!i could not do it with Microsoft Money
    >> 05,,,and
    >> i will go to Money group!but any help here would be
    >> appreciated!thanks

    I don't use Microsoft Money and know nothing about it, but just
    as a guess, perhaps in the past it didn't overwrite anything, but
    added a new backup file. Now your floppy is full, and it can no
    longer add a file.

    In news:B0EBE149-3ABF-40FC-9098-2ED53525E4B7@microsoft.com,
    D. <D@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > "Ken Blake" wrote:
    >
    >> In news:DA71C6F8-237E-428A-960E-AEB9201CBFEA@microsoft.com,
    >> D. <D@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    >> I don't use Microsoft Money and know nothing about it, but
    >> just
    >> as a guess, perhaps in the past it didn't overwrite anything,
    >> but
    >> added a new backup file. Now your floppy is full, and it can
    >> no
    >> longer add a file.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Please reply to the newsgroup
    >>
    >> am not sure i follow,,i was able to
    >> overwrite,,continuously,,,a
    >> dozen times,,,more then a dozen times,,,i was able to save
    >> over top
    >> of previously saved file,,,throughout yr 2004

    Are you sure it was overwriting? My suggestion is that instead of
    overwriting, you were perhaps adding a new file. After the dozen
    times you filled up the diskette and now can't add any more.

    Look at the diskette and see what files are there.

    "D." <D.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I seem to have trouble ,,in MicrosoftMoney!
    > Iknow this sounds like a basic problem,,but could something be wrong with
    > my
    > floppy drive?
    > someone help!!i have Windows XP OPsystem,,,

    What do you mean by with override to my floppy?

    Do you only have problems in Money? If so try a money help group.

    "D." <D.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    |I seem to have trouble with override to my floppy,,in MicrosoftMoney!
    | Iknow this sounds like a basic problem,,but could something be wrong
    with my
    | floppy drive?
    | someone help!!i have Windows XP OPsystem,,,

    This question would be better answered if posted to the money NG.
    If my memory serves me correctly, this is a problem that came up
    with money 2005/

Floppy Disk Microsoft Windows XP