floppy disk override!

June 19, 2005 7:42:01 PM

I seem to have trouble with override to my floppy,,in MicrosoftMoney!
Iknow this sounds like a basic problem,,but could something be wrong with my
floppy drive?
someone help!!i have Windows XP OPsystem,,,

More about : floppy disk override

Anonymous
June 19, 2005 8:19:19 PM

In news:2F31FC0A-9527-4398-AC15-D754113CA665@microsoft.com,
D. <D.@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I seem to have trouble with override to my floppy,,in
> MicrosoftMoney!
> Iknow this sounds like a basic problem,,but could something be
> wrong
> with my floppy drive?
> someone help!!i have Windows XP OPsystem,,,

Please help us to help you. What does "override to my floppy"
mean? If you get an error message, please quote it verbatim

For information on how to make a good newsgroup posting, read
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 9:49:01 PM

"Ken Blake" wrote:

> In news:2F31FC0A-9527-4398-AC15-D754113CA665@microsoft.com,
> D. <D.@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>
> > I seem to have trouble with override to my floppy,,in
> > MicrosoftMoney!
> > Iknow this sounds like a basic problem,,but could something be
> > wrong
> > with my floppy drive?
> > someone help!!i have Windows XP OPsystem,,,
>

> Please help us to help you. What does "override to my floppy"
> mean? If you get an error message, please quote it verbatim
>
> For information on how to make a good newsgroup posting, read
> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Please reply to the newsgroup
>

> ok,,sorry about the misunderstanding,,,when saving my money file ,and backing it up to a floppy disk,,,i need to delte disk first,,,when i know i simply saved to the same disks,as before,,where i simply clicked to save to floppy,,,and it overrode previous saved file!!i could not do it with Microsoft Money 05,,,and i will go to Money group!but any help here would be appreciated!thanks
June 19, 2005 10:05:01 PM

In news:D A71C6F8-237E-428A-960E-AEB9201CBFEA@microsoft.com,
D. <D@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> "Ken Blake" wrote:
>
>> In news:2F31FC0A-9527-4398-AC15-D754113CA665@microsoft.com,
>> D. <D.@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>
>>> I seem to have trouble with override to my floppy,,in
>>> MicrosoftMoney!
>>> Iknow this sounds like a basic problem,,but could something
>>> be
>>> wrong
>>> with my floppy drive?
>>> someone help!!i have Windows XP OPsystem,,,
>>

>> Please help us to help you. What does "override to my floppy"
>> mean? If you get an error message, please quote it verbatim
>>
>> For information on how to make a good newsgroup posting, read
>> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>

>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup
>>

>> ok,,sorry about the misunderstanding,,,when saving my money
>> file
>> ,and backing it up to a floppy disk,,,i need to delte disk
>> first,,,when i know i simply saved to the same disks,as
>> before,,where i simply clicked to save to floppy,,,and it
>> overrode
>> previous saved file!!i could not do it with Microsoft Money
>> 05,,,and
>> i will go to Money group!but any help here would be
>> appreciated!thanks

I don't use Microsoft Money and know nothing about it, but just
as a guess, perhaps in the past it didn't overwrite anything, but
added a new backup file. Now your floppy is full, and it can no
longer add a file.

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 10:16:04 PM

"Ken Blake" wrote:

> In news:D A71C6F8-237E-428A-960E-AEB9201CBFEA@microsoft.com,
> D. <D@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>
> > "Ken Blake" wrote:
> >
> >> In news:2F31FC0A-9527-4398-AC15-D754113CA665@microsoft.com,
> >> D. <D.@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> >> Please help us to help you. What does "override to my floppy"
> >> mean? If you get an error message, please quote it verbatim
> >>
> >> For information on how to make a good newsgroup posting, read
> >> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >>

> >> --
> >> Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the newsgroup
> >>

> >> ok,,sorry about the misunderstanding,,,when saving my money
> >> file
> >> ,and backing it up to a floppy disk,,,i need to delte disk
> >> first,,,when i know i simply saved to the same disks,as
> >> before,,where i simply clicked to save to floppy,,,and it
> >> overrode
> >> previous saved file!!i could not do it with Microsoft Money
> >> 05,,,and
> >> i will go to Money group!but any help here would be
> >> appreciated!thanks
>

> I don't use Microsoft Money and know nothing about it, but just
> as a guess, perhaps in the past it didn't overwrite anything, but
> added a new backup file. Now your floppy is full, and it can no
> longer add a file.

> Please reply to the newsgroup
>
> am not sure i follow,,i was able to overwrite,,continuously,,,a dozen times,,,more then a dozen times,,,i was able to save over top of previously saved file,,,throughout yr 2004

Anonymous
June 19, 2005 11:34:27 PM

In news:B0EBE149-3ABF-40FC-9098-2ED53525E4B7@microsoft.com,
D. <D@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> "Ken Blake" wrote:
>
>> In news:D A71C6F8-237E-428A-960E-AEB9201CBFEA@microsoft.com,
>> D. <D@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

>> I don't use Microsoft Money and know nothing about it, but
>> just
>> as a guess, perhaps in the past it didn't overwrite anything,
>> but
>> added a new backup file. Now your floppy is full, and it can
>> no
>> longer add a file.
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup
>>
>> am not sure i follow,,i was able to
>> overwrite,,continuously,,,a
>> dozen times,,,more then a dozen times,,,i was able to save
>> over top
>> of previously saved file,,,throughout yr 2004

Are you sure it was overwriting? My suggestion is that instead of
overwriting, you were perhaps adding a new file. After the dozen
times you filled up the diskette and now can't add any more.

Look at the diskette and see what files are there.

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 4:02:50 AM

"D." <D.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I seem to have trouble ,,in MicrosoftMoney!
> Iknow this sounds like a basic problem,,but could something be wrong with
> my
> floppy drive?
> someone help!!i have Windows XP OPsystem,,,

What do you mean by with override to my floppy?

Do you only have problems in Money? If so try a money help group.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 6:06:45 PM

"D." <D.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I seem to have trouble with override to my floppy,,in MicrosoftMoney!
| Iknow this sounds like a basic problem,,but could something be wrong
with my
| floppy drive?
| someone help!!i have Windows XP OPsystem,,,

This question would be better answered if posted to the money NG.
If my memory serves me correctly, this is a problem that came up
with money 2005/
!