SAGER 5793 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
I just got my Sager 5793 today. Took it home from work. Didn't really need to install to many drivers most were current. So i decide to install Crysis demo to see how the laptop does. Played amazing for the first 10 mins. Then the screen just started messing up and the picture going all over the place, almost like it was fragmenting. So I turn the laptop off let it cool for a moment and then turn it on. Works fine but the image even on the desktop was fragmenting or jumping all over the place again. Is my graphics card just overheating or is it faulty? Oh forgot to mention as soon as i started Crysis again the screen started jumping again and turned pure white...had to restart again.

Even writing this message my laptops picture is messing up. Either way I will be pissed considering how much I paid for this sucker and after reading all of the good reviews. If I have to send it back I will although that leaves me without a laptop again for a long time. Took them forever to get it to me the first time.

What do you think the issue is?

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
Doesn't matter now. Its the card, cant even see an image now when i start the computer.

Sucks to Crysis was running great with everything on high for all of 10 minutes hehe. Proof Crysis breaks computers :p (kidding) Time to call xoticpc and bitch them out.

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
Well just sent it in for repairs...Since it is going directly to Sager hopefully they can do something more with it. Probably stay away from Xoticpc for now on. Heard a lot of good stuff about them to. (No not because of the card breaking or malfunctioning they couldnt predict that.) Just had a lot of issues with the ordering process from the beginning.

Kaldor

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Did you ask on their forums? They seem to be decently helpful. Justin has always been pretty straight forward in answering any random question I may have.

I would guess this is a heat issue with the video card.

Is it an 8800m GTX in there?

Mine never overheats, though it gets kinda warm, it's never burning hot.
I'd say it just needs reseating, if the card isn't damaged.

Bought mine directly from Sager, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS