Windows MCE 2005 does not recognize DVD drive

June 19, 2005 10:17:02 PM

THis is a general XP question I think. WIth no new sw installs or changes
otherwise, my VAIO with MCE2005 has stopped recognizing DVD drives in the
system. I can't figure out what is going on. Can someone help?

I have Pioneer DVDRW DCR-106D drive. I tried loading the latest FW, but
while installing it says target not found.

While using Sony's DVD writing application, ClickToDVD, it says drive is not
connected or powered on. Its an internal drive. I tried using system restore
funtion to go back a week (drive was working 4 days ago) that did not help
either. Any obvious clues?

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:58:32 AM